Wireless Mouse Blues

Every single wireless mouse I've had (mostly, logitech) has had problems. After a while, if you drag and drop something, and have the mouse button down; the system (at some random point in time) thinks you've let go of the button.

Not sure if it's batteries?

It's happened with my last 3 mice (logitech); both on Windows and OS X.

Any suggestions?

---------- Post added 31-03-2018 at 01:22 ----------

So, turns out this could be an issue with the micro switches under the buttons. Solution to either replace switches, or...

Anyone else experienced this 'double click' feature on logitech mouses?

I can't give you any advice because my Logitech wireless mouse, purchased from John Lewis several years ago has been faultless. IIRC it was something like £16.99. I use rechargeable batteries. My friend bought a similar one about a year or so ago and AFAIK she hasn't had any problems either.

I use the mouse with the laptop every day.

Basically, don't bash the buttons, they only require a light press....

I don't think I bash the buttons! Perhaps my mice get a lot of use though...

I don't think I bash the buttons! Perhaps my mice get a lot of use though...

Honestly though, the only time I have ever had the 'bounce' effect (double clicking with 1 click) was with an old mouse I had for years, then it started being used by more than just me... the other person would 'bash' the mouse button (i mean, it wasn't just a quiet click you heard) I was forever telling them to stop it..

since then, my current mouse has replaceable switches (it even shipped with 2 extras) but honestly, I haven't needed to use them...

.... your issue could be dirt, or it could just be that the switches are worn, if it gets LOTS of use, then that's likely it...

Things like that often only have a finite number of cycles.

Thanks mate. Yep, some have suggested spraying contact cleaner on the switches (would need to open mouse then open micro switch for access).

Which mouse did you get with replacement switches?

Thanks mate. Yep, some have suggested spraying contact cleaner on the switches (would need to open mouse then open micro switch for access).

Which mouse did you get with replacement switches?

You don't really need to open the switch, if you use something like Servisol, you spray it gently on the switch, and click it a few times, it works it's way in it's self..

Mine's an Asus ROG Gladius II, it's a gaming mouse and probably more than you need for the average user!

i got a corded mouse and keyboard because I never got my wireless ones to work reliably especially when it all switched over to Bluetooth.

Logitech came the closest, but in the end I wanted something that didn't auto-sleep, or run out of power at precisely the moment you didn't need it to.

I now have wired Logitech keyboard and mouse. The keyboard (G810) is the best I've had, and the mouse is very resilient.

In my job I use a lot of different devices and have gone through a lot of different wireless mice. I have had three Logitech mice that have had either the double-click issue or not responding to a button press. I have one aged Logitech mouse that is still going strong whereas a much newer premium model is consigned to a box in the hope I can repair it.

I've not seen the "static energy" fix, sounds like rubbish to me :rolleyes:

What improved some of my mice was initially contact cleaner into the micro switches but was a very short lived improvement. Wear and tear combined with particular models seems to be the key problem. My premium Logitech mouse benefited for some while from one of the YouTube videos that suggested lifting the buttons and adding masking tape pads to the end of the pins on the buttons. It fixed the problem completely but only for a short while.

i got a corded mouse and keyboard because I never got my wireless ones to work reliably especially when it all switched over to Bluetooth.

Logitech came the closest, but in the end I wanted something that didn't auto-sleep, or run out of power at precisely the moment you didn't need it to.

I now have wired Logitech keyboard and mouse. The keyboard (G810) is the best I've had, and the mouse is very resilient.

I have a wired keyboard, which I never have any issues with, and the wire never gets in the way.

With a (wired) mouse though, there's always a gentle tug from the wire that seems to interrupt the movement of the mouse. One thing that's puzzling me though, is that I've never had this (double click) issue with a wired mouse before, it's only been with wireless mice. At first I suspected it was something to do with the wireless comms between the mouse and the receiver, but from research, it seems to be all down to the switches in the mouse itself.

Last wireless mouse I had did similar and it turned out to be the WiFi.

Typical wireless keyboards and mice work on the 2.4 ghz frequency as does most WiFi.

Last wireless mouse I had did similar and it turned out to be the WiFi.

Typical wireless keyboards and mice work on the 2.4 ghz frequency as does most WiFi.

And baby monitors, some home security, Microwaves, Cordless phones, and many other things...