Sheffield train electrification cancellation hidden by tories.

The decision to cancel the electrification of the Midland Mainline from Sheffield to London was hidden from the public during last years election.

The Tory Government had the electrification in their 2015 Manifesto.

The Tory Government cancelled the project in March 2017 before the election and announced it in July 2017 after the election.

They also failed to tell the public that they had been told that the Bi modes were not an alternative as none existed or even designed that could match the speed and acceleration of even the 40 year old HSTs in the current diesel fleet.

Source: National Audit Office Investigation into the Department for Transport’s decision to cancel three rail electrification projects.

Ironically train journeys to London in the summer will be temporarily the fastest ever by MML at 1hr 52min because of closure of Derby station, then permanently the slowest ever when London slower commuter train get priority.

The non-existant Bi-modes will make the journey slower still if ever introduced.

Not a Train user, so means little to me.

I'm just surprised that it surprises yourself that Politicians are quite devious in their role as MP's.

How can you tell when a MP is telling porkies, when their lips move.

Angel1.

Guest busdriver1

I'm just surprised that it surprises yourself that Politicians are quite devious in their role as MP's.

Angel1.

Exactly. A non story if ever there was one.

Exactly. A non story if ever there was one.

It’s important because it shows that all the Evil Tory talk of a Northern Powerhouse is just a load of hot air.

And anybody still waiting with baited breath for the Evil Tories to spend £billions on us simple village folk Oop North once we leave the EU, will very likely die of asphyxiation.

Finally, how much is Crossrail personally costing me?

That’s right, nearly £16 BEELLION.

How much benefit will I get from it?

Zero

---------- Post added 30-03-2018 at 13:26 ----------

Angel1.

Ah yes, the “all politicians lie” card.

They all lie, right?

Except Sir Nige’ and the Trumpet, when those small-minded morons say something that agrees with your own small-minded prejudices.

Please, do us all a favour and stay off the internet for the Easter break. Take the grandkids out to the park or summat.

Angel1.

I'm not convinced their lips even need to move.

Not a Train user, so means little to me. ...

Well it should do, as the Railways are a transit system that is faster than road travel for longer distances. If the railways are improved there will be less traffic on the roads and you will be affected by a reduction in congestion.

It is tories method to keep value of pound up. Loudly announce expensive projects. Then silently cancel them out of sight.

It’s important because it shows that all the Evil Tory talk of a Northern Powerhouse is just a load of hot air.

And anybody still waiting with baited breath for the Evil Tories to spend £billions on us simple village folk Oop North once we leave the EU, will very likely die of asphyxiation.

Zero

Can we have Lexit instead?

Zero

They all lie, right?

Except Sir Nige’ and the Trumpet, when those small-minded morons say something that agrees with your own small-minded prejudices.

Please, do us all a favour and stay off the internet for the Easter break. Take the grandkids out to the park or summat.

No chance, I like winding clowns up, it's just so easy.

Angel1.

No chance, I like winding clowns up, it's just so easy.

Angel1.

:hihi: :hihi:

]It’s important because it shows that all the Evil Tory talk of a Northern Powerhouse is just a load of hot air.[/b]

Zero

They all lie, right?

Couldn't agree more.

Pretty disgusting whichever way you look at it.

We need a Northern Assembly to fight our corner more than ever.

More important is the way Sheffield will loose out

Apart from Newcastle, Hull, Bradford and Liverpool every major English city will be closer to London and the economic centre of England by journey time.

In particular both Leeds and Manchester will have newer, faster and more frequent trains.

The excuse used by the treasury was that there would be less benefit to Sheffield because of HS2. A totally erroneous calculation according to the NAO.