Tramlines Festival set to move to Hillsborough Park

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic

22-01-2018, 14:51   #181
steve68

Total Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula4sheff View Post
So why is it a bad thing if the oprganisers make money exactly? Would you prefer them to make a loss, and the event not happen again?

It's a product- if it provides a good experience, at a good price and people enjoy it, why on earth is it so wrong for it to make money?
I've not gone into any great detail, so I could well be wrong, but from what I've gathered it local businesses that mainly will profit from the footfall, Tramlines itself makes losses this years event would probably clear last years losses.

Anyway I'm all for it
22-01-2018, 15:15   #182
paula4sheff

Total Posts: 836
I think the event has always 'flied close to the wind' in terms of its profitability yeah. Which makes it doubly odd that some people don't want the organisers to make a profit.
22-01-2018, 15:34   #183
AmberLeaf

Total Posts: 1,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve68 View Post
I've not gone into any great detail, so I could well be wrong, but from what I've gathered it local businesses that mainly will profit from the footfall, Tramlines itself makes losses this years event would probably clear last years losses.

Anyway I'm all for it
The ones local to city centre will, or would have, in previous years. Anyway, the tea party's in Hillsborough, so hope fully they'll make some money instead. The local businesses in Hillsborough that is, is, as opposed to the snooty ones on Devision St.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 15:35 ----------

Quote:
I think the event has always 'flied close to the wind' in terms of its profitability yeah. Which makes it doubly odd that some people don't want the organisers to make a profit.
A profit, yes. How much, debatable .

Last edited by AmberLeaf; 22-01-2018 at 15:39.
22-01-2018, 15:39   #184
paula4sheff

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLeaf View Post
The ones local to city centre will. Anyway, the tea party's in Hillsborough, so hope fully they'll make some money instead. The local businesses in Hillsborough.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 15:35 ----------

A profit, yes. How much, debatable .
Why should there be any debate? Why does it matter how much profit the organizers make in any way, shape or form if the event is good, fairly priced, and well run?
22-01-2018, 16:04   #185
AmberLeaf

Want to know who I feel sorry for? The people who have to clean up all the mess, once it's over. They won't be getting paid anymore. Probably have to work twice as hard tho.
22-01-2018, 16:06   #186
paula4sheff

Quote:
Want to know who I feel sorry for? The people who have to clean up all the mess, once it's over. They won't be getting paid anymore. Probably have to work twice as hard tho.
Why would the cleaners not be getting paid?
22-01-2018, 20:27   #187
steve68

Quote:
It's ok no need to feel sorry for me I often clean up at the park, there's mess all the time, the festival rubbish will make a change from the local footy fans at weekends, although at least the festival will have plenty of toilets, unlike the footy folk using the bushes and library wall on the Middlewood entrance.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 20:37 ----------

Quote:
Possibly it's the elves and fairies come out and night?

I'm sure they'll be a few volunteers for a litter pick, if needed it's not difficult to rally a few people if needed, the FOHP Facebook page seem to be listing concerns to be raised at the next tramlines meeting this Wednesday, so I'm sure FOHP will be addressing the issues, although most were semi settled at the public meeting, it will be interesting to see what the final plans are.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 21:04 ----------

Quote:
Hopefully the local independent businesses will all make decent profits, during Tramlines and the following years to come.

Last edited by steve68; 22-01-2018 at 20:38.
23-01-2018, 22:01   #188
Alan Hartley

Total Posts: 3,986
Quote:
More fool them then I suppose.
_______
Living is easy with eyes closed.
24-01-2018, 14:18   #189
paula4sheff

I don't believe for one second that the organizers won't clean the site after they've packed up. That's a major part of putting on any event.
24-01-2018, 18:20   #190
steve68

Quote:
I don't believe for one second that the organizers won't clean the site after they've packed up. That's a major part of putting on any event.
They'll have paid some sort of deposit that covers the park being returned back to a reasonable condition.
24-01-2018, 18:23   #191
paula4sheff

Quote:
They'll have paid some sort of deposit that covers the park being returned back to a reasonable condition.
Absolutely. The suggestion that unpaid people will have to clear it all up is ludicrous.

It's actually quite remarkable how negative people are about this event. I think many actually WANT Sheffield to be a cultural graveyard.....
25-01-2018, 09:31   #192
Wazzock

Total Posts: 144
Quote:
Absolutely. The suggestion that unpaid people will have to clear it all up is ludicrous.

It's actually quite remarkable how negative people are about this event. I think many actually WANT Sheffield to be a cultural graveyard.....
I agree Paula, it's really quite pathetic and embarrassing
25-01-2018, 15:07   #193
chris101

Total Posts: 617
The organisers have committed to insuring that that the park will be fully cleaned and returned to the condition it was before the event.
25-01-2018, 20:21   #194
AmberLeaf

Quote:
I never said they wouldn't be getting paid, I said they wouldn't be getting paid anymore!

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 20:22 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
The organisers have committed to insuring that that the park will be fully cleaned and returned to the condition it was before the event.
Isn't it Amey that have to clean it all up?

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 20:25 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazzock View Post
I agree Paula, it's really quite pathetic and embarrassing
The fact that you read a post, that has totally took another one out of context, is saying something!
25-01-2018, 20:42   #195
kaytie

Total Posts: 405
OMG if Amey are cleaning it up they'll probably cut down all the trees! ��
25-01-2018, 20:57   #196
paula4sheff

[QUOTE=AmberLeaf;11798148]I never said they wouldn't be getting paid, I said they wouldn't be getting paid anymore![COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 20:22 ----------

Huh? "they wouldn't be getting paid anymore" is saying they aren't getting paid as far as I can see!

I'm confused as to what you mean.
13-02-2018, 07:28   #197
steve68

Pretty Good lineups for the whole weekender.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43034304
13-02-2018, 19:46   #198
paula4sheff

Quote:
Pretty Good lineups for the whole weekender.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-43034304
Depends if you think Craig David is 'pretty good' or not.
13-02-2018, 19:57   #199
tzijlstra

Total Posts: 12,645
I'm probably one of the people that folks are bemoaning for moaning at the event taking place at Hillsborough, so take my opinion as biased. But the line-up announced has definitely convinced me not to bother with attending.

The only act I *want* to see, De La Soul. Other than that it is mainly a line-up one would expect at a small event. Stereophonics haven't been relevant for years, Gallagher and his Birds play any festival going and I've never heard of Craig David's new adventures but I have heard of him and haven't been interested since... 1999?

Much of the rest doesn't mean a lot to me, or indeed my young and trendy festival going colleagues (apart from Jake Bugg).
13-02-2018, 20:38   #200
area 51

Total Posts: 749
As an ageing rocker i would definitely like to see Noel Gallagher and the Stereophonics.Jake Buggs ok but the rest are not my cup of tea.
Reply To Topic