FirstGroup gets take over offer from Apollo

I hope Apollo smartens up the hit and miss 82 bus which is getting quite unreliable lately.

Apollo do not run buses or are ever likely to.

First has many separate businesses, some of which are very profitable and some are not.

Apollo will sell the profitable bits quickly and to the highest bidder. The loss making parts will be stripped of their assets and very likely closed.

First bus is not a financial success story.

The bus sector could well be broken up and the nightmare of a Stagecoach monopoly become a reality in many parts of the country.

I hope Apollo smartens up the hit and miss 82 bus which is getting quite unreliable lately.

That's exactly why they want to acquire the business.

An 82 bus has been parked up with hazard lights on at the top of Deerpark Road, where the tall flats are, since about 4 this afternoon. Obviously its broken down but how long does it take for the bus recovery/mechanics to turn up? the driver has been waiting with the bus all this time.

Olive Grove we have a problem.

That's one small step for a man, one long walk home for Stannington-kind

We've got a ticket to ride and we don't care(or not!).

I think all buses companies are struggling they keep putting fares up to keep the shareholders happy. In my area less and less people are using the bus it just an matter of time before it's withdrawn.

It might feel like they are putting up prices, but a First day ticket costs the same as it did in 2007. A 4-week ticket is £48, but in 2005 a month cost £54

Whether the current prices are actually good value for the service they deliver is another matter!

That's exactly why they want to acquire the business.

That's the most ridiculous comment I've read in a long time.

See Annie Bynnol's post imeadiatly above yours.

Guest busdriver1

The offer has been flatly refused by the board who described it as "below market value and opportunistic" .

That's the most ridiculous comment I've read in a long time.

See Annie Bynnol's post imeadiatly above yours.

I thought it was quite funny, I read it as a little joke a large company being bought just to sort out one bus route.

Guest busdriver1
I thought it was quite funny, I read it as a little joke a large company being bought just to sort out one bus route.

A route that in the grand scheme of things is completely irrelevant to everyone except a tiny few.