Best Indian restaurant / curry house in Sheffield - Megathread

Can anyone recommend a good Indian restaurant north Sheffield, with a good veggie option not too expensive, Thanks.

I find Aagrah in Leopold square to be the best and most consistent in Sheffield.

Akbar's off West Street is very good, as is Abdul's opposite the Waitrose in town.

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 19:44 ----------

Can anyone recommend a good Indian restaurant north Sheffield, with a good veggie option not too expensive, Thanks.

There's one on Middlewood Road named "Two States", just behind the Hillsborough Park tram stop which is quite good, although I must admit I have not been there for the last three months.

Akbar's off West Street is very good, as is Abdul's opposite the Waitrose in town.

---------- Post added 25-04-2018 at 19:44 ----------

There's one on Middlewood Road named "Two States", just behind the Hillsborough Park tram stop which is quite good, although I must admit I have not been there for the last three months.

I think its closed down at Hillsborough now :( their other one on Abbeydale Road or is it london road is still there I believe.

I think its closed down at Hillsborough now :( their other one on Abbeydale Road or is it london road is still there I believe.

It has. That unit is doomed as a restaurant location.

It has. That unit is doomed as a restaurant location.

indeed. I wonder how Taste of India on Bradfield Road keep going too,there's never anyone in!

indeed. I wonder how Taste of India on Bradfield Road keep going too,there's never anyone in!

Which is a shame - I have been there for many years and always found it

very good.

I find Aagrah in Leopold square to be the best and most consistent in Sheffield.

I was there the other night.

I won’t be rushing back. Nothing particularly wrong with it, just generally uninspiring food.

Two States was probably one of the worst I have eaten. I agree that the unit doesn't do well, it didn't as an Italian which was a shame because it was nice.

There was one on West Street called 'Shapla' I think that was the name, then it had a refit and then closed and now a Peri Chicken place. Damn shame cos' that was consistently excellent, though it was thought the opening of the Aagrah in Leopold Square put the nail in the coffin.

Has anyone been to The Front Room in Hillsborough?

Two States was probably one of the worst I have eaten. I agree that the unit doesn't do well, it didn't as an Italian which was a shame because it was nice.

There was one on West Street called 'Shapla' I think that was the name, then it had a refit and then closed and now a Peri Chicken place. Damn shame cos' that was consistently excellent, though it was thought the opening of the Aagrah in Leopold Square put the nail in the coffin.

Has anyone been to The Front Room in Hillsborough?

Shapla is on the bottom of the Moor, and is very much still open. There was khans on West Street, that was consistently awful, and nirmals, that was good once then went downhill and spent its last few years trading on its reputation. There was another further down, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Shapla is on the bottom of the Moor, and is very much still open. There was khans on West Street, that was consistently awful, and nirmals, that was good once then went downhill and spent its last few years trading on its reputation. There was another further down, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

Was it called Nawab ?

We went to Butlers Balti house had a lovely meal, even though it was packed the service was second to none and not as expensive as I was expecting1 will definately be my choice in future.