Robberies Hillsborough 07/04/2018

Odds are the attempted robber was an addict desperate for money for a fix.

The sooner we treat addicts as sufferers of an illness rather than criminals the better.

I think the NHS do treat addicts as sufferers and will offer help. No excuse whatsover for stealing or potentially killing. Grow up and stop jumping in and trying to excuse criminals all the time. He may not even be addicted to anything!

I presume you are deliberately trolling though! :hihi:

Odds are the attempted robber was an addict desperate for money for a fix.

The sooner we treat addicts as sufferers of an illness rather than criminals the better.

Is this a joke ? :suspect:

Unlikely unfortunately. The many liberal apologists for scumbag oxygen wasting criminals give every impression of believing this though.

Unlikely unfortunately. The many liberal apologists for scumbag oxygen wasting criminals give every impression of believing this though.

I’m glad someone agrees with me.!

I think the NHS do treat addicts as sufferers and will offer help. No excuse whatsover for stealing or potentially killing. Grow up and stop jumping in and trying to excuse criminals all the time. He may not even be addicted to anything!

I presume you are deliberately trolling though! :hihi:

Presume all you like, but do the research - and try and follow a coherent train of thought while you're at it.

Lets look at what you said in a little more depth; firstly your bizarre claim that I am 'trying to excuse criminals all the time'.

Simply not true - totally baseless. I didn't do that in this case, nor can you find a shred of evidence I've done it elsewhere.

Secondly, you said ''he may not even be addicted to anything''. Correct. I had covered this possibility with the use of the expression ''odds are''.

Thirdly, there is a massive body of evidence to suggest that when drugs are decriminalised and addicts given a clean supply - crime rates fall sharply,

addicts are able to stabilise and improve their lives, find employment and care for their families better.

---------- Post added 09-04-2018 at 07:39 ----------

Utter nonsense. They are treated as criminals because they have committed a crime. There is plenty of support available to addicts to help them break their addiction. If they choose crime instead of this support then they should suffer the consequences.

A couple of points here.

They are committing the crime because they need the drugs. Prescribe the drug for free - main motivation to commit crime gone overnight.

Plenty of support for addicts? Nowhere near as much as there needs to be and often the wrong kind. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/government-cuts-drug-alcohol-services-43m-addiction-budgets-jonathan-ashworth-nhs-a7964826.html

Why is it a joke.... common sense tells me he"s got a valid point.

There has been another robbery in Hillsborough this morning

Both Ramsdens and Cash Converters were involved

Armed Police were on the scene. Far end of Taplin Rd is closed.

Car, has crashed. Policeman at scene said, the occupants had been caught

Yes they were caught, one is a known criminal, who breaks in to peoples houses and steals car keys, he's known by the police, i hope he's inside for a long time, i hope. You dont know what anxiety this causes a family with kids in the house, they feel unsafe, he's a scum bag and needs locking up, or he will follow you home one night and do the same to you.

---------- Post added 17-04-2018 at 13:42 ----------

There has been another robbery in Hillsborough this morning

Both Ramsdens and Cash Converters were involved

Armed Police were on the scene. Far end of Taplin Rd is closed.

Car, has crashed. Policeman at scene said, the occupants had been caught

Yes they were caught, one is a known criminal, who breaks in to peoples houses and steals car keys, he's known by the police, i hope he's inside for a long time, i hope. You dont know what anxiety this causes a family with kids in the house, they feel unsafe, he's a scum bag and needs locking up, or he will follow you home one night and do the same to you.

---------- Post added 17-04-2018 at 13:44 ----------

---------- Post added 17-04-2018 at 18:12 ----------