The way things used to be .

Hey that's a memory to hold , it was a great day that used to march to Firth Park with life boys . You are right , new clothes had to last a year LOL

Then there was the Star Walk. We used to line up along Barnsley Road to watch all these men walking funny. :hihi::hihi:

Then there was the Star Walk. We used to line up along Barnsley Road to watch all these men walking funny. :hihi::hihi:

I did the star walk in 1963 Fran. What a story that was.

Which part of Barnsley Road , like Firvale to Pitsmoor ? If I walked up there now I would be walking funny and it would be nowt to laugh at. (Or maybe it would.)

Which part of Barnsley Road , like Firvale to Pitsmoor ? If I walked up there now I would be walking funny and it would be nowt to laugh at. (Or maybe it would.)

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Top of Stubbin Lane. They used to come past downhill from Sheffield Lane Top.

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Top of Stubbin Lane. They used to come past downhill from Sheffield Lane Top.

Oh yes, that's when they altered the route to go along Longley Lane and Herries Drive to Owlerton. I remember, I was watching it at the junction of Barnsley Road and Longley Lane across from Firth Park grammar school -1966 I think- and a lad who went on to win it was well in front. His name was John Warhurst and had shoulder length hair. He worked for the parks department at Norton Nurseries and went on to represent Great Britain at the 1968 Olympics in Mexico.

Yes that was a good day , the star walk . We used to stand at end of Horninglow road at side of grammar school . Along with the boat race day we used to watch that at Ladies Bridge

The cycle road races that were held in Norfolk Park in the 60's and 70's drew large crowds in a safe and excellent environment why the park is no longer used is any ones guess .

Does anyone remember the University's rag days & the close to the nail magazine?

Does anyone remember the University's rag days & the close to the nail magazine?

I bought a dozen Twikker mags from the 70s a few weeks ago, some pretty racy stuff for those days!!, very funny!.

Yes remember rag day and the mag . Was a good day was that , didn't the raggers go around the pubs and clubs in the evening collecting .