The Best Italian Restaurant in Sheffield?

Vero Gusto is by far the best true Italian restaurant in Sheffield, Akentanos comes a close 2nd, with marco@milano 3rd, mostly others are the English version pizza pasta versions, Kitos is a good example but is great for a quick meal with good wholesome food but not very authentic, picollinos tries hard as does Nonnas.

Would agree with Vero Gusto being the best and Akentannos being a close second. I like Marco at Milano but feel they try and keep you in the bar for a prolonged period of time before dinner to sell you another bottle of wine.

Gutted to see that we are likely to lose the best Italian restaurant in Sheffield, Esther is a very good chef, and Saverio is very personable.

Here's a list of the 50-odd that have been mentioned in the thread (not including a few such as those in Rotherham and Barnsley). Feel free to edit it and spellcheck. Some have gone, some new ones have appeared which aren't yet on the list. It's debatable what is strictly an 'Italian restaurant' so it's got to be an inclusive list. But I haven't included some of the big chain pizza places but maybe we should add them?

Akentannos (Sardinian) on Sharrow Vale Rd...

Thanks for the list. I'd vote for Casanova for the quality and to La Luna for the atmosphere, however I haven't tried all yet :)

Can anybody recommend a good place for pizza in city centre please.

Can anybody recommend a good place for pizza in city centre please.

For really good pizza, head a bit out of the city centre to Broomhill and visit Proove. You'll struggle to beat it anywhere in the north of England...

https://www.proove.co.uk/

Been to Piccolinos today, I love the place.

Never had a bad meal and the service has always been good, OK it is a little expensive but with the

Loyalty card they give you you get quite a bit knocked off when paying the bill.

The best pizza in the town centre ( or anywhere else ) is Cafe Piazza on Church St. (back of TK Maxx) They're as good as we've eaten in Italy! Great authentic Italian food at very reasonable prices. They very often have offers on at lunchtime.

Vitos at Walkley easily wins for me