Windows 10 Version 1803

Some of the technical press are reporting Windows 10 version 1803 build 17133 will begin to be rolled out tomorrow. So enure you have backps of your data.

Oh what fun.

Is it Groundhog Day again already ?

I’m sure I only installed the last Spring Summer Autumn Winter Creator Developer Update last week :|

Same here with version 1709. I wish they would fix some of the bugs first though before bringing out an update. Still waiting for a DPI fix and problems with some shortcuts to be fixed.

Same here with version 1709. I wish they would fix some of the bugs first though before bringing out an update. Still waiting for a DPI fix and problems with some shortcuts to be fixed.

Maybe the fixes are in the update? - if it's a trivial (none system breaking) problem then they often leave them until the major update cycles, same as visual changes etc..

if it's a 'major'/required update - then they push them as soon as possible, these are usually driver updates, security fixes etc - things that are more important than just the way something looks.

Can't say I'm concerned. Updates seem to be getting less troublesome over time, the biggest issue is why they take so long to install when I have an SSD, especially compared to Linux that takes no time at all.

I believe future updates, possibly AFTER this one, are meant to do more before rebooting the computer though, making updates seem quicker.

Not entirely sure what the problem is with Microsoft updating a product?

It might actually be a useful post if you bothered to post a link showing what changes are in it etc.