NETHER EDGE LIVING (GATED COMMUNITY) - what is it like to live there?

Hi,

I am looking to find people who live/have lived in/know of Nether Edge Living (the gated community in Nether Edge). I am interested to find opinions on how the gated community has impacted the local area, and any other general opinions on the matter.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Is that the Development on most of the site of the old Nether Edge Hospital?

Yes thats the one!

---------- Post added 10-03-2018 at 12:33 ----------

Is that the Development on most of the site of the old Nether Edge Hospital?

Yes thats the one!

Nice area, but there is not much in the immediate vicinity except for the cafe on the corner of Union Road, and of course the Union pub itself. It's a bit of a traipse down (and even worse, back up) to the village proper and even further to Abbeydale Road in one direction and Eccleshall Road / Sharrow Vale Road, in the other.

There are several nearby bus services: 3/3a to Nether Edge, 4/4a along Psalter Lane, and 10/10a up/down Osborne Road.

My friend Edward is going to be dissapointed, He thought it was a Gay Ted community and he'd be amongst friends.

My friend Edward is going to be dissapointed, He thought it was a Gay Ted community and he'd be amongst friends.

It's Nether Edge. He will likely be quite happy.

Hi all,

This thread was more concerning the impact of the nether edge gated community on the local/wider area. What are people's opinions?

I would also be interested to know what it is like living in the gated community - do people feel a community atmosphere or do they keep themselves to themselves?

Thanks again.

Why would a gated community have an impact on the wider area? It's not like it's a camp with machine gun-armed security guards in watch towers. I'm not sure what you mean?

I live round the corner from there and never give it a thought. It's just a building with people living in flats inside, like thousands of others up and down the country.

In my experience, most people keep themselves to themselves. There is the opportunity to participate in community events if you choose to do so. Most people are too busy at work / looking after their own family.

In terms of impact on the local area: economically it is probably beneficial as many well paid professionals live on the estate.