Banister replacement advice

Hi,

I am looking for some advice regarding replacing my banister on the stairs and landing. I have just moved into a 1950s house that still has the original banister in place. As well as being ugly, it's too low and doesn't meet building regs so we need to replace it. I want something modern and was hoping for oak and glass but the quotes I have had to date are in excess of £2k which isn't really budget friendly so I was so I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on a cheaper way of doing it.

Hi,

I am looking for some advice regarding replacing my banister on the stairs and landing. I have just moved into a 1950s house that still has the original banister in place. As well as being ugly, it's too low and doesn't meet building regs so we need to replace it. I want something modern and was hoping for oak and glass but the quotes I have had to date are in excess of £2k which isn't really budget friendly so I was so I was wondering if anyone could offer any advice on a cheaper way of doing it.

The glass for my stairs was over £650 alone ,what about not having oak and just dying wood used to make banister so it looks like oak ?

When you say glass one for your stairs? Do you mean that you done have wood, just glass panels? If so where did you get that?

When you say glass one for your stairs? Do you mean that you done have wood, just glass panels? If so where did you get that?

Yes I don't have any wood in banister,except for the hand rail ,I got my glass from a firm on Holme lane

Who did the work to fit it?

Supplied and fitted by the company on Holme lane .they are just up from tow sure

Thank you. If you don't mind me asking, what was the approximate total cost for supply and fit? Many thanks for all your help.

Thank you. If you don't mind me asking, what was the approximate total cost for supply and fit? Many thanks for all your help.

That price I put was glass supplied and fitted

Excellent. That's more budget friendly. Will give them a call. Thank you

Excellent. That's more budget friendly. Will give them a call. Thank you

There is still some bits of wood of my staircase which is to screw brackets to which hold the glass but not much 01142852049 is their number