Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Tramlines Festival - Hillsborough Park

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield News & Discussions

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-02-2018, 15:14   #221
makapaka
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Total Posts: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula4sheff View Post
....and there proves my point! Complete and utter willful misinterpretation, and creation of arguments. Seriously, it's so boring.

I can't even be bothered to answer those questions, as they've clearly just been created to pretend you don't understand.
You mean you've been caught trying to get a dig in at the council despite having previously created arguments in support of the event being held in Hillsborough. You now state that the council has been "played" by a large company in order to use Hillsborough Park as a venue.

I haven't misinterpreted anything - you might notice that there are question marks at the end of the sentences?

Should the council have not been "played"? Should they now rescind the agreement? What are you suggesting?
  Reply With Quote
14-02-2018, 15:24   #222
Sheridan1-0
Registered User
 
Joined: May 2008
Total Posts: 2,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula4sheff View Post
Depends if you think Craig David is 'pretty good' or not.
Whoever has got Craig David to headline on Sunday has done remarkably well considering he chills on Sundays....
  Reply With Quote
14-02-2018, 15:25   #223
paula4sheff
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Total Posts: 995
Status: Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by makapaka View Post
You mean you've been caught trying to get a dig in at the council despite having previously created arguments in support of the event being held in Hillsborough. You now state that the council has been "played" by a large company in order to use Hillsborough Park as a venue.

I haven't misinterpreted anything - you might notice that there are question marks at the end of the sentences?

Should the council have not been "played"? Should they now rescind the agreement? What are you suggesting?
Remarkable.
  Reply With Quote
14-02-2018, 15:32   #224
makapaka
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Total Posts: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula4sheff View Post
Remarkable.
Your posts certainly are.
  Reply With Quote
14-02-2018, 15:45   #225
paula4sheff
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Total Posts: 995
Status: Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by makapaka View Post
Your posts certainly are.
As opposed to yours....which are greeted with open arms by all that read them!

I've actually lost track of the amount of people that have been driven to the point of despair by your endlessly boring twisting of the truth, and asking of questions designed to misinterpret others.

This conversation is a classic example of that, and a reason why entering into any sort of dialogue with you is utterly pointless, and simply results EVERY TIME in you throwing out repeated questions which seem aimed at taking the conversation somewhere you wish it to go - which seems to be relentlessly looking through threads for any mention of the council and trying to turn it into people attacking the council, or an argument so you can then defend it, for reason known only to you.

As anyone with half a brain could interpret - I was repeating a suggestion doing the rounds (that the council had been duped) in relation to a fact (that the rumoured Tramlines takeover had come to fruition, and that the timing was suspicious.)

For some inexplicable reason you took this opportunity to do your usual, suggesting I believed Tramlines shouldn't take place, and that people were attacking the council. Something you seem to almost be obsessive about rooting out. Far be it from to 'suggest' why you do this. Others have already done so.....

An absolute bore, incapable of doing anything but asking questions?

Last edited by paula4sheff; 14-02-2018 at 15:56.
  Reply With Quote
14-02-2018, 16:30   #226
makapaka
Registered User
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Total Posts: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by paula4sheff View Post
As opposed to yours....which are greeted with open arms by all that read them!

I've actually lost track of the amount of people that have been driven to the point of despair by your endlessly boring twisting of the truth, and asking of questions designed to misinterpret others.

This conversation is a classic example of that, and a reason why entering into any sort of dialogue with you is utterly pointless, and simply results EVERY TIME in you throwing out repeated questions which seem aimed at taking the conversation somewhere you wish it to go - which seems to be relentlessly looking through threads for any mention of the council and trying to turn it into people attacking the council, or an argument so you can then defend it, for reason known only to you.

As anyone with half a brain could interpret - I was repeating a suggestion doing the rounds (that the council had been duped) in relation to a fact (that the rumoured Tramlines takeover had come to fruition, and that the timing was suspicious.)

For some inexplicable reason you took this opportunity to do your usual, suggesting I believed Tramlines shouldn't take place, and that people were attacking the council. Something you seem to almost be obsessive about rooting out. Far be it from to 'suggest' why you do this. Others have already done so.....

An absolute bore, incapable of doing anything but asking questions?
Why are you pretending that your reference to the council being “played” wasn’t veiled criticism of the council. Anyone with half a brain could see it was. There was no need to bring it up otherwise..

You just keep attacking me and avoiding the questions put to you.

Having to justify your statements is boring to you i know - but I think it’s important that people aren’t misled.
  Reply With Quote
14-02-2018, 17:12   #227
gamezone07
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Total Posts: 1,521
Surely city centre venues will put on lots of fringe events/gigs sothat they don't lose out, some the venues get taken over by Saturday drinkers/clubbers, etc who are not really into the music, though they have the right to be there of course.

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 17:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLeaf View Post
How do you know they're not moving it to Hillsborough, so the ones in charge of it can cream more off the top? Nosferatu needs to be able to fund his ever growing weatherspoons like franchise. And I doubt his performing puppets won't be work for free either. Unless they're really gullible . Anyways, his waistline represents his wealth.
Who do you mean?

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 17:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLeaf View Post
Didn't the organizers, back in 2009 , used to be Toddla T, Jon McClure and the old guitarist who was replaced by Nick O'Malley, in the Arctic Monkeys? Whatever happened to that?

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 07:23 ----------

I know precisely what I make of it. It promotes James O’Hara, and the rest of his Sheffield corporate cronies who are trying to dominate and put their stamp all over it. To quote one of them ‘ we have our own people’.
https://ibb.co/hUJ9Ob

Was there a coup? I thought the owner of the festival was a late middle aged music biz type who owns the Harley, etc.

So, who owns it now?

jusr seen one of the directors deals in Angolan diamonds

Last edited by gamezone07; 15-02-2018 at 00:11.
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2018, 12:05   #228
Narden Dee
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Total Posts: 890
Has anyone had any contact from tramlines regarding complimentary tickets for local residents affected ?
  Reply With Quote
17-02-2018, 13:36   #229
steve68
Registered User
steve68's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Total Posts: 744
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narden Dee View Post
Has anyone had any contact from tramlines regarding complimentary tickets for local residents affected ?

Applications will close 18th of May 2018 info on their website.
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2018, 10:38   #230
Victoria1867
Registered User
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Sheffield 6
Total Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narden Dee View Post
Has anyone had any contact from tramlines regarding complimentary tickets for local residents affected ?
Apparently, though goodness knows where you need to live to be affected! I applied, living just off Leppings Lane, and was told I'm not near enough to be affected??? I'd imagine it will literally be the houses directly around the park.

  Reply With Quote
23-02-2018, 12:13   #231
chris101
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Total Posts: 631
Well I live on Brier Street Tramlines say I won't be affected too. My friend lives on Willis Road they are going to entered in to the lottery for ONE ticket so a con if you get the tickets you will have to buy for the rest of the family.
  Reply With Quote
23-02-2018, 12:20   #232
paula4sheff
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Total Posts: 995
Status: Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
Well I live on Brier Street Tramlines say I won't be affected too. My friend lives on Willis Road they are going to entered in to the lottery for ONE ticket so a con if you get the tickets you will have to buy for the rest of the family.
One ticket? That's pretty bad. While they wait to hear about this, the prices are rising too....
  Reply With Quote
26-02-2018, 10:40   #233
Victoria1867
Registered User
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Sheffield 6
Total Posts: 638
I have friends who live about 10 miles from Leeds Festival and get free VIP weekend tickets every year. Apparently it's the same at Creamfields too - someone I knew met people there who got freebies despite living 22 miles away.

I do think Tramlines should have done a 1 mile radius or something and held back 2 tickets per household (with ID etc)
  Reply With Quote
26-02-2018, 13:15   #234
paula4sheff
Registered User
 
Joined: Feb 2016
Total Posts: 995
Status: Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria1867 View Post
I have friends who live about 10 miles from Leeds Festival and get free VIP weekend tickets every year. Apparently it's the same at Creamfields too - someone I knew met people there who got freebies despite living 22 miles away.

I do think Tramlines should have done a 1 mile radius or something and held back 2 tickets per household (with ID etc)
I wonder what it was like for resident tickets in previous years?
  Reply With Quote
26-02-2018, 13:19   #235
EmmaJones76
Registered User
 
Joined: Dec 2017
Total Posts: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria1867 View Post
I have friends who live about 10 miles from Leeds Festival and get free VIP weekend tickets every year. Apparently it's the same at Creamfields too - someone I knew met people there who got freebies despite living 22 miles away.

I do think Tramlines should have done a 1 mile radius or something and held back 2 tickets per household (with ID etc)
A one mile radius from Hillsborough Park? That would be at least 1000 properties, maybe more. Would never happen.
  Reply With Quote
27-02-2018, 09:15   #236
Victoria1867
Registered User
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Sheffield 6
Total Posts: 638
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaJones76 View Post
A one mile radius from Hillsborough Park? That would be at least 1000 properties, maybe more. Would never happen.
They could do that and enter people into a ballot. Even if every household took up 2 tickets that's 2,000. Give them day tickets rather than weekend tickets then? Aren't they aiming for much more than that? Doesn't seem too crazy to give away 2,000 day tickets over 3 days.
  Reply With Quote
03-03-2018, 09:27   #237
chris101
Registered User
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Total Posts: 631
Tramlines making a big announcement at 6 pm on Monday maybe the Artic Monkeys !
  Reply With Quote
04-03-2018, 22:11   #238
Jeffrey Shaw
Mr
 
Moderator
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Sheffield
Total Posts: 15,388
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris101 View Post
Tramlines making a big announcement at 6 pm on Monday maybe the Artic Monkeys !
Are they the ones with an axle in the middle (unlike the Arctic Monkeys)?
  Reply With Quote
07-03-2018, 19:42   #239
bungleboy69
Registered User
bungleboy69's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: S11
Total Posts: 637
No arctic monkeys, but Milburn are playing, and they are a miles better band!
  Reply With Quote
20-05-2018, 20:58   #240
gamezone07
Registered User
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Total Posts: 1,521
No day tickets?
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:55.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2017 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2018