Sheffield Forum

Ashes 2017/18..

Home > General > General Sports Chat

Reply To Topic

29-01-2018, 01:30   #181
tinfoilhat

Total Posts: 14,523
4-1, with a second string seam attack. Piece of ****.
_______
We get the world we deserve.
01-02-2018, 22:37   #182
staninoodle

Total Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilhat View Post
4-1, with a second string seam attack. Piece of ****.
The toss was key in our only loss,otherwise wed have cleaned up.
fancy us in the T20s as well.
Seen that Archer of sussex went for around amillion in the IPL,exciting player with bat and ball,played some big bash and aquited himself well,long way off the test scene due to residency rules which is a shame
_______
Plastic is the new carbon,were killing our oceans,soon all the life there will be extinct
If we dont work out a way to get the worlds population down below one billion this year,Next year may be cancelled!
01-02-2018, 22:49   #183
tinfoilhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by staninoodle View Post
The toss was key in our only loss,otherwise wed have cleaned up.
fancy us in the T20s as well.
Seen that Archer of sussex went for around amillion in the IPL,exciting player with bat and ball,played some big bash and aquited himself well,long way off the test scene due to residency rules which is a shame
He won't qualify until 2020 if I recall. To be fair the Bayliss he was brought in to improve the ODI set up and he's done it in spades.
_______
01-02-2018, 23:27   #184
Naive

Total Posts: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilhat View Post
He won't qualify until 2020 if I recall. To be fair the Bayliss he was brought in to improve the ODI set up and he's done it in spades.
Jofra Archer qualifies in 2022. He will be 27 by then. Hes a proper talent though. Fast, accurate and athletic.

I do worry that hell be seduced by the 20/20 circus before then and might not develop the skills to be a proper test cricketer. Weve all seen how Pietersen sold his soul to 20/20, I do hope that Archer will be different.
02-02-2018, 13:10   #185
tinfoilhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
Jofra Archer qualifies in 2022. He will be 27 by then. He’s a proper talent though. Fast, accurate and athletic.

I do worry that he’ll be seduced by the 20/20 circus before then and might not develop the skills to be a proper test cricketer. We’ve all seen how Pietersen sold his soul to 20/20, I do hope that Archer will be different.
You're quite correct it is 2022. But there has been plenty of test players making their debut at 27 so age isn't a massive worry on its own. He could and hopefully should turn up for England duty with lots of big bash and IPL experience and at 1m a pop should have a healthy enough bank balance so his head shouldn't be turned.

Oh, and Nathan Lyon was bashed around today - 34 off one over. Satisfying!
_______
Reply To Topic