Sheffield Forum

Ashes 2017/18..

Home > General > General Sports Chat

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
29-01-2018, 01:30   #181
tinfoilhat
Registered User
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Total Posts: 14,523
4-1, with a second string seam attack. Piece of ****.
_______
We get the world we deserve.
  Reply With Quote
01-02-2018, 22:37   #182
staninoodle
Registered User
staninoodle's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Location: North Sheffield & London
Total Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilhat View Post
4-1, with a second string seam attack. Piece of ****.
The toss was key in our only loss,otherwise wed have cleaned up.
fancy us in the T20s as well.
Seen that Archer of sussex went for around amillion in the IPL,exciting player with bat and ball,played some big bash and aquited himself well,long way off the test scene due to residency rules which is a shame
_______
Plastic is the new carbon,were killing our oceans,soon all the life there will be extinct
If we dont work out a way to get the worlds population down below one billion this year,Next year may be cancelled!
  Reply With Quote
01-02-2018, 22:49   #183
tinfoilhat
Registered User
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Total Posts: 14,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by staninoodle View Post
The toss was key in our only loss,otherwise wed have cleaned up.
fancy us in the T20s as well.
Seen that Archer of sussex went for around amillion in the IPL,exciting player with bat and ball,played some big bash and aquited himself well,long way off the test scene due to residency rules which is a shame
He won't qualify until 2020 if I recall. To be fair the Bayliss he was brought in to improve the ODI set up and he's done it in spades.
_______
We get the world we deserve.
  Reply With Quote
01-02-2018, 23:27   #184
Naive
Registered User
 
Joined: Nov 2017
Location: Riding on a donkey
Total Posts: 725
Status: Online
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinfoilhat View Post
He won't qualify until 2020 if I recall. To be fair the Bayliss he was brought in to improve the ODI set up and he's done it in spades.
Jofra Archer qualifies in 2022. He will be 27 by then. Hes a proper talent though. Fast, accurate and athletic.

I do worry that hell be seduced by the 20/20 circus before then and might not develop the skills to be a proper test cricketer. Weve all seen how Pietersen sold his soul to 20/20, I do hope that Archer will be different.
  Reply With Quote
02-02-2018, 13:10   #185
tinfoilhat
Registered User
tinfoilhat's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Total Posts: 14,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive View Post
Jofra Archer qualifies in 2022. He will be 27 by then. He’s a proper talent though. Fast, accurate and athletic.

I do worry that he’ll be seduced by the 20/20 circus before then and might not develop the skills to be a proper test cricketer. We’ve all seen how Pietersen sold his soul to 20/20, I do hope that Archer will be different.
You're quite correct it is 2022. But there has been plenty of test players making their debut at 27 so age isn't a massive worry on its own. He could and hopefully should turn up for England duty with lots of big bash and IPL experience and at 1m a pop should have a healthy enough bank balance so his head shouldn't be turned.

Oh, and Nathan Lyon was bashed around today - 34 off one over. Satisfying!
_______
We get the world we deserve.
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:19.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2017 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2018

Nimbus Server