Ronnie O'Sullivan

Am I missing something here?...

If indeed it is a panel of BBC experts who draw up the shortlist of nominees...

Would it not make sense for the to include a snooker player?

It would be a bit of free self-publicity would it not?...Seeing as though the snooker at the crucible is pretty much the only sport in which the BBC have sole rights for...

I believe this post relates to the interview with Stephen Hendry in the morning tabloids today? In which he said something along the lines of (roughly quoted) "They all seem to forget Snooker as a sport and it is wrong!...snooker players do as many wonderful things on a snooker table as Lewis Hamilton can in a car"

No snooker players have featured in shortlisting for SPOTY since the whole system was changed back in 2010....I guess that speaks volumes in it's own right.

There was a big argument over here, several years ago, about Canadian Sportsperson of the year. This was the year Jacques Villeneuve won the Formula One Championship. Well he won the award, but the argument was that Larry Walker who won the Most Valuable Player award in Major League Baseball, the first Canadian to do so, was more of a sporting achievement. His supporters cited the grind of a 162 game baseball schedule playing against the cream of the crop as opposed to Villeneuve's victories, which were mainly because of his car that year. They had a point as most F1 drivers are professionals who are only as good as the cars they drive, along with a bit of luck.

Edited by Ontarian1981

O Sullivan has said Snooker at the Crucible is boring.Well he may be right he may be wrong but what I find boring is a spoilt little git throwing wobblers and making excuses and biting the hand that feeds him.If he dislikes the place then stay away and give us all a rest from his little tantrums PLEASE.You my friend are getting more boring than your sport ever was.

O Sullivan has said Snooker at the Crucible is boring.Well he may be right he may be wrong but what I find boring is a spoilt little git throwing wobblers and making excuses and biting the hand that feeds him.If he dislikes the place then stay away and give us all a rest from his little tantrums PLEASE.You my friend are getting more boring than your sport ever was.

He won’t get a very good reception the next time he comes then ?:roll::roll:

Where's the LIKE button. Well said.

I'm a huge snooker fan, travel round a bit and have seen Ronnie a few times but, like you, I'm getting sick and tired of him shooting his mouth off, acting the big I AM.

There are some good, young snooker players coming through now.

Ronnie, your time is up

O'Sullivan reminds me of Tyson Fury, like a little child who occasionally succumbs to his urges and shouts a swear word.

That's fine. He'll just have to realise the game is bigger than him.

It'd be a shame if he refuses to play as he finds the Crucible boring; but I have a feeling that wherever it was staged, something wouldn't be right for him.

It's not about the venue, it's about Ronnie O'Sullivan.

A very talented player, with a massive ego and a massive chip on his shoulder.

Grow up Ronnie, you're not a little kid anymore.

.....Snooker,Darts and Dominoes are basic pub games!....... the first two elevated out of all proportion by television to make some think that the participants have a personality!......opinions maybe.

'Crucible is boring:' Snooker ace Ronnie O'Sullivan blasts venue and says he might miss World Championships in Sheffield

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/crucible-is-boring-snooker-ace-ronnie-o-sullivan-blasts-venue-and-says-he-might-miss-world-championships-in-sheffield-1-8936605

Ho I hope he has not built my hopes up and then he turns up.He bet he turns up .Yet another load of rubbish coming out of his trap.

Just like Fishing, and Darts. Snooker is not recognised as a Sport by the Establishment. So

even if nominated will never win.

Steve Davis snooker player won in 1988.

Darts player Phil Taylor was runner-up as recently as 2010.