Christine Keeler

She's died aged 75,if it had happened in today's society what she did she would be made,I'm a celeb,loose women,her own show.

She's died aged 75,if it had happened in today's society what she did she would be made,I'm a celeb,loose women,her own show.

Oh! she was a celeb alright, helped oust a tory government, a good bad girl lol:D

I remember going to see the film 'Scandal' in the late 1980s, with Joanne Whalley in the Christine Keeler role....Good film.

Whenever I saw her interviewed on TV years after the event she always conducted herself with dignity, and wouldn't let stupid interviewers talk down to her. RIP

I remember going to see the film 'Scandal' in the late 1980s, with Joanne Whalley in the Christine Keeler role....Good film.

Whenever I saw her interviewed on TV years after the event she always conducted herself with dignity, and wouldn't let stupid interviewers talk down to her. RIP

Never saw Scandal, is that the version with one of my favourite actors playing Stephen Ward, the late, great John Hurt?

According to Radio 4, John Profumo had a long standing relationship with a woman who actually was a Russian spy. The Keeler story was considered the lesser of the two evils and so made it into the press to bring John Profumo down.

Anyway, sad that Christine Keeler became the scape goat. May she rest in peace at last.

Never saw Scandal, is that the version with one of my favourite actors playing Stephen Ward, the late, great John Hurt?

Yes John Hurt, born in Chesterfield, also in 'The Elephant Man' but as CK's pal Mandy Rice-Davies' immortal statement in a court of law, 'He (stpetre) would say that wouldn't he ?'

---------- Post added 06-12-2017 at 18:42 ----------

Yes, very good film. One of the cast of good actors was Roland Gift, lead singer of 'Fine Young Cannibals', he played a 'bad lad' in the film.

Edited by stpetre
Add

According to Radio 4, John Profumo had a long standing relationship with a woman who actually was a Russian spy. The Keeler story was considered the lesser of the two evils and so made it into the press to bring John Profumo down.

Anyway, sad that Christine Keeler became the scape goat. May she rest in peace at last.

I see that the Daily Mail occasionally kept her in the limelight by publishing unflattering pictures of her in her latter years, pulling a plastic shopping trolley behind her:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2401524/Former-model-Christine-Keeler-71-unrecognisable-50-years-Profumo-affair.html

Got to love the comments of the readers though; one of the best rated comments reads:

71 year old woman looks 50 years older than she did at 21 - amazing journalism - well done DM!

:hihi:

I will never understand why John Profumo cheated on the gorgeous and elegant Valerie Hobson.

I will never understand why John Profumo cheated on the gorgeous and elegant Valerie Hobson.

Well Prince Charles cheated on Diana, and look who he cheated with :loopy:

Well Prince Charles cheated on Diana, and look who he cheated with :loopy:

Fair point, my colour prejudice however prevents me from fancying blondes so I never got Diana, but she was a genuinely nice lady.

Worth remembering that Christine Keeler was only 21 when the scandal broke.