Motor insurance claim question.

Someone just reversed in to the front of my moms stationary (parked on road outside home) car. No-one was in the car at the time; so the other party is fully at fault. I got their name, mobile and license plate number; and plenty of photos and video. Also, the neighbour has CCTV which shows the accident.

They want to avoid going through the insurance, which I don't think we're willing to do. Will my mom need to claim on her own insurance, or on theirs (not sure who they're insured with)?

Thanks.

Just get there name and licence plate you will be claiming on there insurance same once happened to me

You do realise that your mums insurance will rise even though it's a non fault claim against the other drivers damage?

If it's just very light damage then I personally wouldn't run it through the insurance company's.

You do realise that your mums insurance will rise even though it's a non fault claim against the other drivers damage?

If it's just very light damage then I personally wouldn't run it through the insurance company's.

Thabks mafya.

Yep, non fault claim. Damage is quite heavy, so want to make sure it's properly repaired. Also, courtesy car while being repaierd...

Thabks mafya.

Yep, non fault claim. Damage is quite heavy, so want to make sure it's properly repaired. Also, courtesy car while being repaierd...

If it's heavy then through insurance is the only option....

If it's heavy then through insurance is the only option....

Thanks again mafya.

Could be. I'm wondering if the insurance will decide to write the car off?

Maybe it's an idea to give the other party the option to buy the car at market value; and then they're responsible for repairs. They did sound very keen to not go through insurance.

If we did go through insurance; and they did write it off, am guessing they've give us less than market value? Plus, there's excess to consider...

My insurance as never got higher due to a non fault claim

My insurance as never got higher due to a non fault claim

Try putting your details on your quotes with a no fault and without to see if it goes up,mine did.I hope your claim is quicker than mine,15th may to 5th sept,many phone calls later.

Edited by lottiecass
addition

This is the absolute worst piece of advice I have heard in a long time. You absolutely need to claim and make sure it is put through as a non fault claim.

For people who claim that your insurance will rise is talking rubbish. From up own personal experience, my insurance never rose from a non fault claim. If anything, it only went down year on year. Using comparison sites to see if it goes up or down? Really? You are better off talking to the insurer directly.

You need to register accidents and get the car properly fixed. It won't cost you a penny. So what is the downside?

Waldo,the same thing happened to me,it was the 15th of may and the 5th of sept when I finally settled the claim.Good luck with it,I hope you like phoning people at premium rate and banging your head on the wall.Your future insurance will have a no fault mark for three years and your premium could be slightly higher.You won't lose the excess though they waive that write off or not.

Waldo,the same thing happened to me,it was the 15th of may and the 5th of sept when I finally settled the claim.Good luck with it,I hope you like phoning people at premium rate and banging your head on the wall.Your future insurance will have a no fault mark for three years and your premium could be slightly higher.You won't lose the excess though they waive that write off or not.

Isn't your insurance company supposed to do all that work for you? Admiral did for me.

Thanks again mafya.

Could be. I'm wondering if the insurance will decide to write the car off?

Maybe it's an idea to give the other party the option to buy the car at market value; and then they're responsible for repairs. They did sound very keen to not go through insurance.

If we did go through insurance; and they did write it off, am guessing they've give us less than market value? Plus, there's excess to consider...

They will give market value, although their idea of market value and yours may differ. Just don't take the first offer (if it's too low), demand higher and provide proof your car is worth what you think it it. There will be no excess to pay as you will be claiming from the at faults insurance. Also, keep a log of any costs you incur as a result of the collision and claim for these too.