Amazon prime tv/music.

Hi folks.

I'm into the 3rd week of a freebie with Amazon prime music and film, but having doubts now as to whether I should subscribe or not. If I do subscribe it will cost me about £15 per month and to be fair the music library is ok, but i'm disappointed with the choice of films/ old comedy shows available without paying extra for them.

So, I guess my questions are...what else is out there apart from Netflix and how does Netflix compare? What is it you subscribe to?

Cheers.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Depends if you are taking advantage of the Amazon ecosystem as a whole or not.

I buy a lot of things from Amazon, so the free next day delivery that comes with Prime is a real plus for me. The addition of the videos and films are nice to have, but that alone would not have been enough to justify Prime in my opinion.

The music is a bit different. Prime music has a very restricted library. I pay extra for Amazon Music Unlimited which is discounted for Prime members. Music Unlimited have a comparable library size to the likes of Spotify but cheaper, assuming you already have Prime.

It's got some OK shows - fear the walking dead and particularly Preacher. But as ez8004 points out, the next day delivery you get free really sweetens the deal at tinfoil towers.

Had Spotify and Prime, then

Apple Music and Prime and now Spotify and Netflix again.

I reckon the best thing to do is to change up regularly - although Spotify is definitely staying.

I have the best of both worlds. My son pays for Netflix and I have a login against his account so I can watch the films etc I want. I pay for Prime as I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon. I can get free next day delivery to both my son and daughter's home addresses (Leeds and Manchester) if they want to buy anything. I would recommend Prime for purchases but agree the film/music choices are a bit wanting.

I've had Prime for nearly a year now and it's been great watching shows like Top Gear, Preacher, Startup etc. There's also a limited selection of good films. Problem is, once you've seen the available films and 1st seasons of shows then you kind of run out of things worth watching and I'm most likely not to carry on paying for another year.

I've got Amazon Prime, Alexa, and an Amazon Firestick plus Spotify...

I find the free postage a real boon with Prime, but don't bother too much with the music on prime, because I've got Alexa set up to play stuff from my Spotify account. I sometimes binge watch a series on the firestick, but I have to say, I mostly use Alexa for radio, music, and all the other things she can do, even down to setting timers for things in the oven and telling me what the weather forecast is.

Prime delivery is the real winner, if you're not taking advantage of it you won't get your moneys worth.

Hi folks.

I'm into the 3rd week of a freebie with Amazon prime music and film, but having doubts now as to whether I should subscribe or not. If I do subscribe it will cost me about £15 per month and to be fair the music library is ok, but i'm disappointed with the choice of films/ old comedy shows available without paying extra for them.

So, I guess my questions are...what else is out there apart from Netflix and how does Netflix compare? What is it you subscribe to?

Cheers.

Amazon prime is £7.99/mnth, not £15. I have it and consider it a bargain. Currently watching:

The Americans Season 2.

Ray Donovan Season 2.

American Gods.

The Following.

The Tick.

Ones I've finished include Mr Robot and Sneaky Pete, both excellent.

Plus, I have several other shows in my watchlist waiting to be watched and a few Amazon originals I'm waiting on being made.

The back library of films can be a bit limited but has certainly improved since it was just Lovefilm. New releases vary in price, I tend to avoid renting them as I can't guarantee I'll get them finished in time. They also have regular offers on new/old releases that knock films down from say a tenner to 99p. The free next day delivery on Amazon Prime orders can't be sniffed at either.

I did look into Netflix a few years ago but the selection seemed rather limited. It may be better now and is far better I believe if you join through the American site via a proxy.

Lovefilm is being shut down at the end of next month, I have wondered if that will add a few more titles to the online platform?

Hi folks.

Cheers.

I used to alternate from Netflix to Amazon each month to give them time to add new content but Netflix's content has been so good that i havent been on Amazon for about 4 months.

Netflix have really upped their game.

Edited by SkylinePhoto