Questions and concerns about local nursery S6

I would like to send my daughter to Primrose Children’s Centre, Creswick St, S6. It is convenient for me as I now live locally. However, I often walk past what appears to be a disused row of shops. One of the units now seems to be occupied by some group of unkempt smokers often loitering outside.

My daughter is not usually anxious but I’ve noticed her, other children and parents in the area appear to be uneasy when walking past.

Does anyone know what this disused row of shops is currently used for, or is likely to be in the near future? Any help or information would be appreciated.

Are you looking for a nursery for your daughter? If so you will need to look elsewhere are Primrose Children's Centre does not have a nursery, they run groups, clinics and courses for families.

Sorry I have no idea about the shops :S

They used to have a nursery - did it close down?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

As far as I'm aware it no longer has a nursery.

My son goes to Kelham Island community childcare, which is owned and run by the women who used to run nursery at Primrose but were made redundant a few years ago.

Thanks guys, Yes I could with some support as another nursery close to my work is charging £30 a day. As a busy single working dad it seems that the system is against me. I've viewed the facebook webpage for the Primrose Centre but no specifics available? I'll try and just visit but I've been really busy recently.

Yes if it's the place I think you’re referring to its some type of Mental Health place which does attract troubled people, some with obvious drug habits, I used to live opposite and pleased to have moved due to noise and troubles. I’ve heard its a good nursery but it's best to be cautious.

Yes the childcare went a few years ago when all the funding for Children's Centres was pulled. Very sad as it was a thriving nursery and very well used.

Some good people lost jobs when the nursery was closed.