Walk in centre to close

reading the idea of closing walk in centre ect and meaning patients needing help will have to go to firvale,sounds bad to me,but what are your thoughts

Seems we have an ultimatum. Longer GP surgery hours (and when not open a drive to the Northern General), or the drop-in centre. Some Sheffield residents may find A & E services in Rotherham or Chesterfield easier or quicker to access.

Its not closing, its moving... to the Northern General..

still not as good as being in town, more accessible.. but at least its not closing totally..

And those attending A&E with anything but what is an accident or an emergency can be redirected quickly to a nearby facility so taking the strain off the overworked A&E department.

Sounds like a VERY good idea.

And those attending A&E with anything but what is an accident or an emergency can be redirected quickly to a nearby facility so taking the strain off the overworked A&E department.

I agree, the minor injuries unit should move to Northern General too. Then the triage nurse tells you which of the 3 you need. Or even the receptionist.

I agree, the minor injuries unit should move to Northern General too. Then the triage nurse tells you which of the 3 you need. Or even the receptionist.

It's a shame a lot of people can't work this out for themselves really.

Those of us in the west of the city effectively have no service! Should move to the Hallamshire!

The Accident and Emergency dept. name should be shown in full if you have not suffered one or its not the other don't go.

both the walk-in centre on Broad Lane (clue in the name) and the minor injury unit at the Hallamshire are moving to the NG. There are limited plans for better public transport to the NG and as far as I know no plans for more car parking.

It's a lousy show for West Sheffield. I recently had need to attend A&E and, because I was unable to drive there, it cost £20 for a taxi. Furthermore, Lord knows how it will cope. Despite the waiting area being very empty there was still a three hour wait to see a doctor.

This is ridiculous! The Walk In Centre is currently in a great central location which is handy for everyone.

The minor injuries unit is usually quite convenient as it's not overly busy.

NGH has a massive parking issue and adding the two services above can only make this worse.

Stupid idea IMO

I find it incredible that the fourth largest city in the country only has one A&E department. I went to the RHH minor injuries and they sent me to NGH. At leasr Chesterfield is a one stop shop.