Sheffield United v Sheffield Wednesday 12/01/18

The seasons 2nd big derby, the Owls were awful in the first one and a defensive shambles, I'd have expected at least some effort in this one to make amends but since - terrible form, crippling injuries and now a new manager change the complexion, united with only 5 points from 18 are not really pulling any trees up but the Owls (Forest game apart) have been appalling. The new man at the helm has only got four days prep which wont really let his influence show through, any returning players would be a bonus.

3-0

the thing is like been said before only a few first teamers and we are bringing in few this week the buzz around the lane is a double could be a very hostile atmosphere friday

If you’re of the Blue persuasion there will be a very hostile atmosphere there’s no “could” about it, and mores the pity, I think it’s pathetic. Fans should be able to support their team sat amongst each other but the violent nature of todays society precludes that.

Despite the OPs bleating and abject surrender i’mpredicting a draw. Some of these “ on deaths bed “ players will magically recover by Friday.

Derbys never go to form and there will be a new manager bounce.

Head says 1-1 heart says 5-0 Blades

If you’re of the Blue persuasion there will be a very hostile atmosphere there’s no “could” about it, and mores the pity, I think it’s pathetic. Fans should be able to support their team sat amongst each other but the violent nature of todays society precludes that.

Despite the OPs bleating and abject surrender i’mpredicting a draw. Some of these “ on deaths bed “ players will magically recover by Friday.

Don't mention bounce!?

Even if someone like Adam Reach plays, he'll still be worth more than pretty much our entire squad. Let's not even get started on Jordan Rhodes... Let's get the excuses in early though!

We'll be up for it and give it a go, but anything could happen.

Don't mention bounce!?

You’re right, pun unintended :hihi:

Like I've already said if you really think the likes of Westwood, Bannan, Lee, Lees, Hooper, Fletcher etc have been kept out for five games or more just to play in this one you must know even less about football than I imagined.

For the record its not "surrender" but based on some absolutely dreadful recent performances.

---------- Post added 08-01-2018 at 08:36 ----------

Even if someone like Adam Reach plays, he'll still be worth more than pretty much our entire squad. Let's not even get started on Jordan Rhodes... Let's get the excuses in early though!

We'll be up for it and give it a go, but anything could happen.

Unfortunatly the cost of a player doesn't mean he or the team are currently in good form, Reach is doing ok the team isn't.

If the old adage " A wounded animal" apply,s then we should not have a problem, but this is a derby anything can happen. Bookmakers rarely give you anything and make the Blades slight odds-on favourites 10/11 in general, with the Owls at odds between 3and 4/1. Those odds are justified as Blades are flying, this season we have just not been at the races. I like a bet, but won,t be entertaining this game. The only positive, as i write ,is we have a new manager who we hope can get that bit extra ( lot in our case) out of the players. My head says a Blades win, i would take a draw now, but it,s a derby. Enjoy.

If the old adage " A wounded animal" apply,s then we should not have a problem, but this is a derby anything can happen. Bookmakers rarely give you anything and make the Blades slight odds-on favourites 10/11 in general, with the Owls at odds between 3and 4/1. Those odds are justified as Blades are flying, this season we have just not been at the races. I like a bet, but won,t be entertaining this game. The only positive, as i write ,is we have a new manager who we hope can get that bit extra ( lot in our case) out of the players. My head says a Blades win, i would take a draw now, but it,s a derby. Enjoy.

Good post. You see “top” this is what you should be writing, not your self pitying diatribes.

As a Blade, i am not expecting a walk in the park, be it i expect a positive result. a full house and a great day back in Sheffield.

Another Sheffield double would be great, but we have the 2-4 performance to look back on with pride.

Like many i shall be making a day of it..coming over early , hopefully staying over in Worksop for the night...celebrating OF COURSE.

Our results recently have been poor but other than 2 games we have played really well especially against Derby & Bristol City. I've been saying that one day it will click and someone is going to get hammered, I don't for one minute think that will be Wednesday on Friday. It's a Derby anything can happen plus Wednesday having a new manager who is a bit of an unknown will make it harder for Wilder to prepare. There is one thing I'm not worried about though & that's our mentality we will be will up for it.

The atmosphere could turn nasty especially if Wednesday fans (the minority of idiots) decide to sing about Evie Wilder. I really hope they don't as it won't be pleasant.

Fingers crossed everyone enjoys it and goes home safely and a Blades win. No prediction from me as in all honesty I don't have a clue a lot will depend on which Wednesday turns up, the one that destroyed forest or the one that fell apart v Burton.