Checking for virus on ipad

Is it possible to check if there is a virus etc on an iPad as it keeps crashing even with battery showing full

Being an iPad , it is unlikely, but not impossible for it to be a virus.

Two questions (1) Is it one specific program/app it crashes on, if so try uninstalling it and re-installing (2) Have you tried totally powering the iPad off, leaving it a couple of minute, then powering it back up.

There are a/v program which will work on them, but as I have never tried or needed them, I can't make suggestions - have a look in the App Store.

I could be on Facebook and page ? Goes off and message appears saying there was a problem so page? Being reloaded. Not only Facebook just using that as an example

I could be on Facebook and page ? Goes off and message appears saying there was a problem so page? Being reloaded. Not only Facebook just using that as an example

Is this just when using the browser and facebook website? what when you use the Facebook APP?

Is this just when using the browser and facebook website? what when you use the Facebook APP?

Does not matter how I get on to facebook etc iPad will crash? And that there was a problem so page has been reloaded message comes up

I am assuming that you have got all of the latest ios and app updates installed and it is not jail broken?

If a total power reset has not resolved it consider backing everything up and performing a total reset, either from the device or preferably from itunes

I think alchemist has made the best suggestion - total factory reset.

Which version is your iPad (O/S)?

Probably not related, but I ocaisionnally get the page reloading message in Safari when accessing sites, but it doesn't crash the iPad, just locks Safari until I close the tab.

Clearing the cache can sometimes help with issues like this.

Settings > Safari > Clear History and Website data

[iPad 2, latest OS, not jailbroken, I clear my web cache/history daily, and fully restart the iPad 2 or 3 times a week (standard operating procedure for 'best performance', no other reason), performance generally still as good as the first day I got it -new-...except for the below].

I find that this behaviour (web page continually 'crashing' on load and reloading in Safari, with the 'there was a problem so page has been reloaded' message at the top) now happens very regularly with web pages full of e.g. animated GIFs, embedded Youtube vids, animated/video ads <etc.> (of which, I imagine, FB pages and other clickbait sites with slideshows are full).

I genuinely think that, as web pages get ever heavier (in data size), laden with applets and other plug-ins relative to only a few years ago (if that long), older generation i-things gradually can't keep up and so 'look' to have worse performance (with running out of memory or similar tech reason with same effect/outcome).

So, not so much programmed obsolescence, as genuine obsolescence.

Edited by L00b

It is definitely worth running Anti-Virus on any phone or tablet, especially as the vetting procedure for apps in the marketplaces seem to have got a bit slack lately which has led to devices getting compromised.

We use ESET on all of our devices.

I am assuming that you have got all of the latest ios and app updates installed and it is not jail broken?

If a total power reset has not resolved it consider backing everything up and performing a total reset, either from the device or preferably from itunes

Not jail broken afaik and I update it when it comes up with there is an update for your device ,not had one for a good while though

---------- Post added 17-01-2018 at 13:25 ----------

I think alchemist has made the best suggestion - total factory reset.

Which version is your iPad (O/S)?

Probably not related, but I ocaisionnally get the page reloading message in Safari when accessing sites, but it doesn't crash the iPad, just locks Safari until I close the tab.

Don't know what version my iPad is but I suspect it's one of the first ones