Fly Tipping Problems

Complaints about fly tipping are higher in Sheffield than in any other part of the country with over 58,000 reported in just 12 months. The explosion in Fly Tipping in Sheffield will only get worse when the council start implementing the crazy fortnightly bin collections in a couple of weeks. Add all the extra uncollected bin rubbish to the fact the dump it sites are open fewer hours ,and the council cant have anyone to blame but themselves for this fly tipping explosion.

The council caused the fly tipping problem in the first place by banning large vans from using the dumps ,and look at the result. Now the council are going to make the matter 100 times worse with their stupid policys. In Barnsley the council operate the same policy about large vans at at the dumps ,but do let them park outside at dispose of their rubbish ,as its better than having it fly tipped, so the fly tipping problem is nothing like in Sheffield.

Councillor Jack Scott ( yes, him again ) says Sheffield council are doing all they can to prevent fly tipping ,but obviously are NOT ,because they wont allow large vans to tip at the dumps. Now he is about to see the result of his councils stupid policy on bin collections . You reap what you sew Mr Scott.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/community/green-scene/fly-tipping-reports-highest-in-country-in-sheffield-1-4811677

Edited by nikki-red

Even more fly tipping according to The Star and as is evident to anyone who gets around Sheffield.

How do we reduce it.

Don't do it yourself

Don't use people who offer too cheap a service and who are not licensed to carry waste.

Take the actions suggested by Penistone999

Report all fly tippers

Change the policy on landfill,it's not working.

Skip costs have gone through the roof,and disadvantage the honest builders and householders.

The council are doing nothing to sort the problem out, as usual they're only making a bad problem worse.

Waste collection as a whole is a joke in Sheffield, the number of things you can actually put in the recycling bin is pathetic, Veolia really should do better - but they've got a chusty contract so they don't have to.

And again with this BS rhetoric.

Once again I will remind you that MANY councils have been fortnightly collections for YEARS without issue.

If fly-tipping is up in Sheffield then it's ON SHEFFIELD'S RESIDENTS not the council. It's the residents that are being the filthy, self-important bottom-feeders by not adapting in the same way that every other council area has.

SHAME ON YOU ALL!

I understand that the commercial waste sites are no longer allowing tradesmen on to site to dispose of their rubbish so it is going to mean that more tradespeople will have to use skips, resulting in an increase in price to customers.

And again with this BS rhetoric.

Once again I will remind you that MANY councils have been fortnightly collections for YEARS without issue.

If fly-tipping is up in Sheffield then it's ON SHEFFIELD'S RESIDENTS not the council. It's the residents that are being the filthy, self-important bottom-feeders by not adapting in the same way that every other council area has.

SHAME ON YOU ALL!

nothing do do with the fact that the tips are only open half the time now!!!, scc bringing it on themselves because yet again they very shortsighted!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I have once again reported fly tipping at a local beauty spot this time it looks like an illegal drug crop grower has dumped his waste. It was reported over a week ago and is still there.Sheffield parks dept please take note.

If i report a problem then I've learnt over time to ask them how many working days it'll take to remove the rubbish. What I never understand is the way some area's are known as fly tipping hot spots and yet the authorities don't seem to be able to fit a few cctv camera's up and catch the culprits. I'd then like to see the culprits get a whopping great big fine and have their vehicle taken off them

I don't buy the two week collection of bins as an excuse, we have had that in Rotherham for years and we all get on with it without a moan. I have never had or heard the conversation about 2 weekly collections.

Why should vans be allowed at the dumpit site? All that is going to happen is trade waste being dumped. That is why trailers, vans etc are not allowed, otherwise I would never have to get another skip and save a few bob in the process. In Rotherham I have to get a special permit to take my van and book it in and it cannot be trade waste, so if i wanted to take a mattress for example, i would need and permit and a booking. A bag of tiles? No chance, get a skip.

Perhaps Sheffield just has a few more scrotes than the rest of the country. Or perhaps it is just statistics as the councillor claims. Just a thought.

Complaints about fly tipping are higher in Sheffield than in any other part of the country with over 58,000 reported in just 12 months.

Penistone999's link doesn't work.

Cgksheff's other link says;

"Figures show 576 cases (of fly-tipping) were recorded in 2012/13, compared with 204 in 2011/12." and

"Numbers of fines for littering and fly-tipping have increased over the last year under a council crackdown.

Incidents of fly-tipping across all categories of land were below 1,200 in 2012/13, down from 2,700 the year before, the council said."

There's a big difference in statistics there.

nothing do do with the fact that the tips are only open half the time now!!!, scc bringing it on themselves because yet again they very shortsighted!!!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

So people are unable to find out the opening times and fit it into their schedule? My local corner shop shuts at 9pm. Do I wait till 9:30 then moan how it should be open later because I didn't go earlier for the things I need? No, I know it shuts at 9pm and I make sure if I need something that I go before then.

SCC might not be helping matters but it the residents that are bringing on themselves because of their lazy, selfish ways and refusing to change from them.