Council tree felling...

While there is very little chance that the full contract details between SCC & Amey will ever be released, it would & should be possible for someone to disclose what the cost would be to cancel the contract.

With the local elections coming up in May it'll be intresting to see if any party, presumably with the exception ot the Lab party, would consider canceling it?

If people don't vote against this council now, then they never will. May is the chance to shake things up. I certainly will NOT be voting for this Labour council, despite the fact I've voted Labour my whole life.

If people don't vote against this council now, then they never will. May is the chance to shake things up. I certainly will NOT be voting for this Labour council, despite the fact I've voted Labour my whole life.

Got to agree with that but come May you know what will happen :confused:

I normally vote LD, but this time I'll be happy to vote tactically against Labour, ideally that will mean LD or Green, the chance of the conservatives winning a seat in Sheffield is very low.

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules.

Got to agree with that but come May you know what will happen :confused:

When I see footage like this:

I just don't see how I could vote for a party that supports this.

When I see footage like this:

I just don't see how I could vote for a party that supports this.

Just absolute lowlife.

The only thing that keeps me sane looking at the way things are going is that it might lead to councilors being voted out and make them think "perhaps we are accountable after all".

If you fancy a laugh, email your councilor about the situation. Some of the arrogant responses are remarkable.

Just absolute lowlife.

The only thing that keeps me sane looking at the way things are going is that it might lead to councilors being voted out and make them think "perhaps we are accountable after all".

If you fancy a laugh, email your councilor about the situation. Some of the arrogant responses are remarkable.

This makes me angry, but not for the same reason as you. Why can't these people just admit defeat, stay at home and let Amey get on with their job? There are many people in this city who want these trees to be felled

Edited by Angela P
Spelling mistake.

This makes me angry, but not for the same reason as you. Why can't these pe

ople just admit defeat, stay at home and let Amey get on with their job?

Their are many people in this city who want these trees to be felled.

Who wants them felled? I don't see many people saying that, anywhere.

Why would you want them felled? Aside from the odd one or two of course, that are clearly diseased or offering serious disruption.

I know the odd person, usually trolling, pops up on here and says this- but it still baffles me when people say others "want them to be felled" despite the fact that there has been nothing, anywhere, to suggest that they need to be.

It's probably pointless opening this argument up though - as it will simply become "look at this tree that disrupts the pavement" followed by people saying "yeah, that's one tree", then it will go into the corrupt contract the council and Amey have, Which the odd person will try to defend, because they haven't read fully about it.

I'm glad there are people willing to put themselves at risk of arrest to stand up for what they believe in personally and fight another dodgy contract.

Sure, some people will criticize them- but that's always been the same. I respect anyone who doesn't just 'stay at home' but is willing to fight back. Why wouldn't I? Most people on their arse and do nothing.

Edited by paula4sheff

This makes me angry, but not for the same reason as you. Why can't these people just admit defeat, stay at home and let Amey get on with their job? There are many people in this city who want these trees to be felled

Indeed, the people cutting down these trees are not the people who have decided to cut them down, let them get on with it and earn a living and take your protest through the correct channels.

Indeed, the people cutting down these trees are not the people who have decided to cut them down, let them get on with it and earn a living and take your protest through the correct channels.

Unfortunately for those working for Amey, they've chosen to get into bed with an internationally criticized and disliked company, so they're going to pick up the hassle if they're on the front line. Like pretty much any business really.

Unfortunately for those working for Amey, they've chosen to get into bed with an internationally criticized and disliked company, so they're going to pick up the hassle if they're on the front line. Like pretty much any business really.

I would have thought most of the frontline staff were TUPE'd over from council as a result of PFI contract so they didn't necessarily chose to work there and I'm not sure whether its fair to have a pop at frontline workers - if you disagree with councillors and AMEY's directors protest outside their workplaces.

There are many people in this city who want these trees to be felled

There really aren't are there.