Carillion another gov bail out?

You've demolished nothing sunshine. And for some people the 1930s is already here.

The sky is FALLING I tell you!

Sheesh... talk about wanting disaster to prove a point. I'd hate to see you faced with a real economic problem

It's still possible that she's correct, if there are 30,000 owed money, many of which will be small and vulnerable, it's not beyond the realms of imagination that 5 - 10 % will go under because of this.

Ha Ha , Mel got done up there :)

not really, he just cant admit when he made a mistake, i know for a fact what i said and HE misread it but wont admit it because hes a troll. :thumbsup:

The sky is FALLING I tell you!

Sheesh... talk about wanting disaster to prove a point. I'd hate to see you faced with a real economic problem

We do have a serious economic problem, and have had ever since the 2008 financial crash.

What's the national debt now? £1.7 Trillion? Whatever it is it simply cannot be paid and we are in hock to the banks and always will be. But suddenly we don't hear about it any more, we just put up with the cuts, lack of social care, NHS crisis, food banks, homelessness, personal debt, 0% interest, pension holes and austerity, while the rich get richer and continue to dodge tax etc.

It is still continuing to affect things, and going to affect things we don't even know about yet. Add to that, things like automation and environmental concerns, and I think we have enough to worry about.

But not you of course, with your £750,000 salary. So don't you bother your little head, everything's just dandy.

We do have a serious economic problem, and have had ever since the 2008 financial crash.

What's the national debt now? £1.7 Trillion? Whatever it is it simply cannot be paid and we are in hock to the banks and always will be. But suddenly we don't hear about it any more, we just put up with the cuts, lack of social care, NHS crisis, food banks, homelessness, personal debt, 0% interest, pension holes and austerity, while the rich get richer and continue to dodge tax etc.

It is still continuing to affect things, and going to affect things we don't even know about yet. Add to that, things like automation and environmental concerns, and I think we have enough to worry about.

But not you of course, with your £750,000 salary. So don't you bother your little head, everything's just dandy.

I dont know where you get the idea I earn that much Anna. Probably out of the same fantasy land as the rest of your post.

Have you had a look at the Gini coefficient lately? And the rest of the economic data thats freely available and makes it clear you are talking utter cobblers again?

I dont know where you get the idea I earn that much Anna. Probably out of the same fantasy land as the rest of your post.

Have you had a look at the Gini coefficient lately? And the rest of the economic data thats freely available and makes it clear you are talking utter cobblers again?

From your post 117 (page 6) you chose to tell us about your income thus:

'Thats not excessive. Green is making less from Carillion than I get paid for example and I'm not looking after a company with 40k employees... Adam is making a bit more than me, but not that much.'

Richard Adam is earning £6.6 million

Philip Green has earned £500,000

(iansheff's figures)

So £750,000 is probably an underestimate according to your figures.

Am I in fantasy land or are you...?

Edited by Anna B

You even fail on basic maths Anna.....

Amount over ten years?

Amount over the four years from 2014?

Try harder.

Looked at the Gini coefficient yet? Of course not - doenst support your argument and you know it.

Edited by Obelix

You even fail on basic maths Anna.....

Amount over ten years?

Amount over the four years from 2014?

Try harder.

Looked at the Gini coefficient yet? Of course not - doenst support your argument and you know it.

Who mentioned over 10 years? I have simply quoted you verbatim. It's what you said.

You were attempting to imply that continuing to pay directors ridiculous amounts for failure was perfectly acceptable.

As for the Geni coefficient (nice segway there) has been rubbished many times by people better than me on here, as irrelevant. Many professional commentators now say the gap between rich and poor is greater than at any time, and ordinary people are getting demonstrably poorer.

No you haven't. You misreported to to a staggering extent - as you damn well know.

Lets look at what Ianshef actually SAID - I've highlighted the bits for you.....

These three didn't do too badly out of Carillion.

CEO Richard Howson will carry on getting paid a £660,000 salary and £28,000 in benefits until October despite Carillion’s collapse.

Former finance director Richard Adam, who retired at the end of 2016, earned £6.6million in pay, bonuses and pension rewards since 2009.

Chairman Philip Green has collected more than £500,000 since taking over in 2014.

Green earned 500k in four years. Thats 125k a year.

Adam earned his over eight to ten years depending on how it was account for - thats 600k a year on average which is not much for a company of Carillions size.

Is this clearer for you? Do I need to rub your nose it in even more so you can see it? In your utter haste to scarify me and assume the worse as always you failed to miss the obvious details.

I expect you now to withdraw your ludicrious assertion that I earn £750k a year forthwith.

No you haven't. You misreported to to a staggering extent - as you damn well know.

Lets look at what Ianshef actually SAID - I've highlighted the bits for you.....

Green earned 500k in four years. Thats 125k a year.

Adam earned his over eight to ten years depending on how it was account for - thats 600k a year on average which is not much for a company of Carillions size.

Is this clearer for you? Do I need to rub your nose it in even more so you can see it? In your utter haste to scarify me and assume the worse as always you failed to miss the obvious details.

I expect you now to withdraw your ludicrious assertion that I earn £750k a year forthwith.

There were/are plenty of Carrillion directors with their noses in the trough to a quite disgusting extent. Some of the salaries in this report are astonishing for people who ultimately have failed in their jobs and brought misery on many honest working people. I chose my source carefully. When even the Telegraph are outraged, you know that something is very wrong with capitalism.

Maybe you could ditch the point scoring and recognise that the company has been mismanaged for years by people who have paid themselves salaries far in excess of their talents. Now we are all having to pick up the tab for their largesse.

Oh. Just so you know. Your bullying and hectoring posting style does you no favours at all. It just places you in the corner with all of the other unreconstructed macho dinosaurs who are being steadily stripped of any dignity or influence.

This isnt your fight me old mucker so butt out. Anna can make a mess of things without you helping.

This isnt your fight me old mucker so butt out. Anna can make a mess of things without you helping.

I'm not your old mucker, nor am I your new one. This is also a public forum and I'll post what I like, where I like.

You might like to consider being better mannered and less patronising, it might help you to get your point over better.

I'll leave that for you to consider. I have work in the morning.