TC Harrisons London road

malcolm knight i worked from 1965 to 1980 started in sales behind showroom and finished as pdi manager new car sales before i left....Names of people i remember tony allen who was my first mechanic iin 65..not in any order these but here we go..dave platton who i still see tony paget who i am still trying to contact ray coles /ces blair/paul bellamy/jim scahill/frankie wood/alan sorby/dave simmonite/roland greene/mac in the sales bodyshop who died a while back /john croft/bob pursehouse who worked with mac/wilf grayson/managers/doug preedy/frank wyatt/eric cant remember his surname/keith croft/paul salkeld/strange how the names keep coming back /roy neil/also Pat Pinder who i had not seen since i left tch contacted me after i put a message on facebook and we have met up a couple of times the memories after all these years we chatted about ...a very interesting man mr pinder if anyone wants to check out his vlogs //..hope thats right// go to his steel cityman forum...will go and try to think of more names//good days they were

---------- Post added 26-07-2017 at 21:14 ----------

remember the tch football team roger

---------- Post added 26-07-2017 at 21:15 ----------

certainly do roger remember the tch football team we were in

---------- Post added 26-07-2017 at 21:25 ----------

1 have just added a few more for you if you remember them...

---------- Post added 26-07-2017 at 21:27 ----------

did you know my brother at autoways ..graham knight

I certainly remember the football team, my first match was in goal against Brookshaw, I came on for the second half, I was knocked senseless, as I was lifted my nose poured with blood, all they worried about was the new yellow jersey I wore. I broke my nose that day. I remember the home pitch at Rowsley, we changed in the old mill, I called back there several times when I worked for Derbyshire County Council. I can,t recall Graham Knight at Autoways. We certainly travelled around with the football team.

Good afternoon,

Anyone out there remember me, Roger Billam, I worked in the stores from 1966 till 1973.

I remember the ladies who worked in the office over the spares, Keith Mitten, Ron Wilman.

Tony Shaw in the stores, Roy Leggett, Geoff Hudson, Barry Fawcett went to Autoways as manager, Alan Tose, he sadly died, old Alf, I rember the day Pat died, very sad, she was lovely.

So many memories of that place, so many friends

Hi Roger, Yes I remember you from both Jordanthorpe School 1961/65 and also we worked together at TCH in the early Seventies. My name is Stuart Wiley.

There were some good guys in the Stores back then, I remember Paul Marshall, Harvey Fox, Freddy Birkinshaw, Barry Kirby, who I think was the manager, Alf Bagshaw, and the lovely Sharron who went out with Terry Stone (sadly no longer with us) we had some good times, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.

I have spoken to a number of ex employees, does anyone know what happened to Les Hydes, Ernie Grice, Mick Hogan, Bob Champion, I do know that Frank Heald passed away.

I used to see Ernest Grice and his son Martin on a fairly regular basis until 1997, then our paths seemed to drift apart, its called life. Lovely bloke had a nice family.

Hi Roger, Yes I remember you from both Jordanthorpe School 1961/65 and also we worked together at TCH in the early Seventies. My name is Stuart Wiley.

There were some good guys in the Stores back then, I remember Paul Marshall, Harvey Fox, Freddy Birkinshaw, Barry Kirby, who I think was the manager, Alf Bagshaw, and the lovely Sharron who went out with Terry Stone (sadly no longer with us) we had some good times, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then.

Hi Stuart, I hope you are well, did Terry Stone have an american car? I am now retired and living in Chesterfield, worked for Derbyshire County Council for 28 years, I have looked at posts for Jordanthorpe but never been contacted by anyone, remember Ivor Hawthorne? He is still around, a priest in Mablethorpe. Good times at both TCH and Autoways, played football for both, probably contributed to the total knee replacement I have just had. Keep in touch. Roger.

---------- Post added 16-01-2018 at 18:37 ----------

The rs parts section in the window was great.

You wil have to remind me of that.

I worked at TCH from 1969 in car repair. My very good friend was Paul Salkeld who worked in truck service but I have since lost contact does anybody know of his whereabouts, also what was the name of the guy who gave out the job cards

Hi Roger. Likewise hope you are well and that the new knee is working well. I believe Terry Stone had a red Mk1 Ford Mustang, lovely car, he sometimes used to collect parts in it, always turned a lot of heads. Sadly I understand that Terry past away some years ago, accident at work so I was told. Like you I am now retired and living in Scarborough. I left the Motor Trade in 72, and had an Insurance round in Gleadless for 25 years, I was made redundant in 97. I spent the rest of my working life in the flooring trade, carpets & hard flooring etc. You mentioned Ivor Haythorne, I've only recently checked him out, finished up having a telephone conversation with him. He's 87 and as you said lives in Mablethorpe, he married Miss Waites but she passed away four years ago, it was nice to talk to him about old times and he asked me to keep in touch. Like you I left Jordanthorpe in 65 and I've often wondered what happened to all those school friends we had. Since leaving I bet you can count the ones I've met again on both hands, Phil Clayton, Craig Hoole, Richard Harvey, Paul Brady, David Ward whatever became of them? Keep in touch, Stuart.

Hi Roger. Likewise hope you are well and that the new knee is working well. I believe Terry Stone had a red Mk1 Ford Mustang, lovely car, he sometimes used to collect parts in it, always turned a lot of heads. Sadly I understand that Terry past away some years ago, accident at work so I was told. Like you I am now retired and living in Scarborough. I left the Motor Trade in 72, and had an Insurance round in Gleadless for 25 years, I was made redundant in 97. I spent the rest of my working life in the flooring trade, carpets & hard flooring etc. You mentioned Ivor Haythorne, I've only recently checked him out, finished up having a telephone conversation with him. He's 87 and as you said lives in Mablethorpe, he married Miss Waites but she passed away four years ago, it was nice to talk to him about old times and he asked me to keep in touch. Like you I left Jordanthorpe in 65 and I've often wondered what happened to all those school friends we had. Since leaving I bet you can count the ones I've met again on both hands, Phil Clayton, Craig Hoole, Richard Harvey, Paul Brady, David Ward whatever became of them? Keep in touch, Stuart.

Hi Stuart, the knee is fine, Terry gave me lift to work one morning in the Mustang. I used to see Dave Ward regularly, he went in the Woodseats WMC he lived next door to my girlfriend, Phil Clayton went in the club also, last saw him working for SYT as a bus driver. Paul Brady used to work at Dewhurst butchers on Woodseats. I still o over to Woodseats occasionally to see my brothers. Do you remember my mate Stewart Stevenson? I saw him at Tesco at Chesterfield recently, he lives in Dronfield, married three times.