Kasperskey security won,t run!!

In the last few days my Kaspersky security will not run,Windows 10 tell me its snoozing and to get it going but it won,t have it!.All the other applications secure browsing,password security ect.work but for some reason virus and firewall protection will not,I know an upgrade is due for January 9th on Windows 10 could this have something to do with it?.I would be thankful for any help sorting this out!.:huh:

Go to Programess and features and take it off . put avast free anti virous on you made of money

You might find it helpful to look on the Kaspersky Protection for Home Users forum. Alternatively you could login and contact Kaspersky here.

I’ve used Kaspersky security for a long time and had very few problems but these days I prefer anti virus to the full Internet Security Suite. For this reason I can’t check the settings but if you go through each one systematically, you might be able to find the answer.

Sometimes removal of the programme using the Kaspersky Removal Tool and then reinstalling might cure the problem. If you try this, please make sure you have the license key to hand because the tool removes that information from the computer.

Or more likely to be this:

https://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-does-disable-rival-antivirus-admits-microsoft-but-only-temporarily/

Which is what I experienced with Comodo. ;)

A bit like Apple admitting that there iOS updates slows there mobiles down to entice upgrades to newer models. Wonder if that also affects other Apple products?

Edited by swarfendor43

I would not be suprised if the other AV software providers (McAfee/Symantic/Sophos/[ and any other]) construct and incorporate code requested by their home government, you just never hear about it.

A bit like Apple admitting that there iOS updates slows there mobiles down to entice upgrades to newer models. Wonder if that also affects other Apple products?

Except that's not what happened.

The update doesn't slow older phones, it slows phones where the battery is degraded. Replacing the battery will make it run as normal.

The problem is that they didn't tell people about it.

---------- Post added 29-12-2017 at 18:17 ----------

Me neither.

Besides, theres really no need to run it when Windows 10 comes with built in Anti Virus.

The update doesn't slow older phones, it slows phones where the battery is degraded. Replacing the battery will make it run as normal.

---------- Post added 29-12-2017 at 18:17 ----------

Me neither.

Besides, theres really no need to run it when Windows 10 comes with built in Anti Virus.

Windows Defender even in its latest incarnation is still considered very significantly inferior to the major dedicated AV suites.

Really?

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/2017/12/03/apple-iphone-slow/

Someone told me they had an iPhone since 3 but has had enough and both a family member and partner have ditched iPhone 6s+ for Huawei P10. :cool:

Edited by swarfendor43

Just like magic on January 1st Windows told me I needed an update from them which I ran,and what do you know Kaspersky came back to life!.I have been messing around for a full week trying to sort it out to no avail,it wouldn,t allow me to uninstall it even,so it appears it was Windows all along buggering me about!.I have read since that Kaspersky took Windows to court for the self same thing they really are a bit of a pain!.

Just like magic on January 1st Windows told me I needed an update from them which I ran,and what do you know Kaspersky came back to life!.I have been messing around for a full week trying to sort it out to no avail,it wouldn,t allow me to uninstall it even,so it appears it was Windows all along buggering me about!.I have read since that Kaspersky took Windows to court for the self same thing they really are a bit of a pain!.

Glad to hear you are sorted. ;)