Broadband in S6

Please help!

After 10+years of being fobbed off by Virgin media that our connection problems will be fixed, I have now had enough and want to leave them

Can my fellow S6 forumers please advise on who they use and if they are any good please? More specifically, I'm in lower Walkey.

I currently pay £47 a month, just for Internet.

Thanks in advance..

I am with virgin and only pay £32.25 for internet only

I'm on BT infintiy. £33 for land line and internet. Had it for almost a year and no problems thus far. Downside is the introductory offer is about to end and bill goes up to £47. I shall have to threaten to leave to get the bill lowered.

Was on Virgin previously but ended the contract early due to their truly abysmal service (still no phone line 9 mnths in and continued over billing).

I am with virgin and only pay £32.25 for internet only

We supposedly have the fastest service.. ?

---------- Post added 21-09-2017 at 14:18 ----------

I'm on BT infintiy. £33 for land line and internet. Had it for almost a year and no problems thus far. Downside is the introductory offer is about to end and bill goes up to £47. I shall have to threaten to leave to get the bill lowered.

Was on Virgin previously but ended the contract early due to their truly abysmal service (still no phone line 9 mnths in and continued over billing).

Thanks. I don't mind paying for a super fast service, if I actually get one! Whereabouts in S6 are you? Sounds promising as I've heard good things about BT..

We are on there 100 mb

What kind of service do you actually get?

We just have the internet, no phone line or tv and no problems.

We supposedly have the fastest service.. ��

---------- Post added 21-09-2017 at 14:18 ----------

Thanks. I don't mind paying for a super fast service, if I actually get one! Whereabouts in S6 are you? Sounds promising as I've heard good things about BT..

I'm BT Inifinity 1, that's a download speed of upto 50MB. I have no problems streaming HD movies etc or downloading, the wifi router even reaches all parts of my house unlike the Virgin one which seemed to think my walls were made from lead. I'm within a minute's walk of Rowsha.

Stick your postcode etc in here to see if you can get it.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/speed-checker

Thanks Barleycorn. I can get about a third of the speed that I get with virgin media, WHEN it works! Will look into BT a little more....

Im with talk talk and so is my friend who lives in lower walkley..

£30 a month and that includes phone, broadband and TV package..

Im with talk talk and so is my friend who lives in lower walkley..

£30 a month and that includes phone, broadband and TV package..

Hi Chelle-82. I've always heard terrible things about Talk Talk but if it works then that's a fantastic deal! Whereabouts in lower Walkey is your friend? Sounds promising if she gets a good service!

Hi Chelle-82. I've always heard terrible things about Talk Talk but if it works then that's a fantastic deal! Whereabouts in lower Walkey is your friend? Sounds promising if she gets a good service!

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply! i havent been on in a while..

She lives just up from Rivlin Valley road, just off linekar road..

And just to add! - i got rid of sky about 7 or 8 months ago and switched to talk talk and i can honestly say i havent had any issues at all, my broadband hasnt gone down once..