Laptop budget of £200 which one? If any

Hi is there anyone who could advise which laptop would be better for my daughter who is 14? I would to purchase one for her birthday and have a budget of between £150 £200 is there anything on the market, I am not technically minded so at the moment I am like a rabbit caught up in headlights! Thanks for reading

Before you start looking, ask your daughter what she needs/wants to do on the laptop. Also, if portability is important a smaller, lighter computer might be best for her. Does she need an optical drive? Also, number of USB ports is worth thinking about if she wants to attach external storage etc. Get her to make a list of requirements. A Chromebook might suit but she will need Internet access to use it. A normal Windows 10 laptop will allow her to store music, documents etc and access them without the Internet. Bluetooth is useful so ask her if she needs it.

£200 isn't a lot for a laptop, you should Ideally be looking at £300 minimum for anything worth having...

What others have said especially the bit about what she want to use it for.

You could get something light and small with a 11.6" HD screen that comes with Office 365 and Windows 10 but is limited as far as internal storage is concerned. Something like this below has potential for adding another USB drive, micro SD card or to use the free cloud storage included and seems to have a good battery time. Maybe good for school work, the web or movies but still a bit limited.

http://ao.com/product/80wg006ruk-lenovo-laptop-white-45743-251.aspx

As Ghozer says for a decent laptop £300 is about the minimum spend unless you get a refurbished one.

http://www.cheaplaptopcompany.co.uk/refurbished-dell-e6420-4gb-win10?gclid=CjwKCAjwos7NBRAWEiwAypNCe84oSxkGK35t_TIe9hajewE8-ZeC5jInOP4fdDXXEp-3zJhZasacEhoC0SUQAvD_BwE

my 12yo daughter uses a Tablet 99% of the time, adding external keyboard to do homework and stuff - very portable, music friendly and do-able under £200

Very limited options for the £200 price point unless you go second hand.

https://www.shop.bt.com/products/asus-vivobook-intel-atom-x5-z8350-2gb-32gb-11-6--windows-10-e200ha-fd0042ts-CNL6.html?refs=14-60010000

That's a windows laptop, but the storage is tiny, the memory low and the processor budget.

Hi is there anyone who could advise which laptop would be better for my daughter who is 14? I would to purchase one for her birthday and have a budget of between £150 £200 is there anything on the market, I am not technically minded so at the moment I am like a rabbit caught up in headlights! Thanks for reading

If you choose to go the tablet route let me know I have an ASUS Zenpad 10 for sale. Only had it a few months, still have the box and its in great condition.I just dont use it much as I prefer to stick with the pc.