3D Printing User Group

If you had access to a 3D Printer how could you use it?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. If you had access to a 3D Printer how could you use it?

• Once
    • Until it ran out of filament
    • Twice
    • 20 X
    • Forever, but run out of ideas?

I am personally interested in Starting A 3D printers user group.

Anyone Adult interested please initially contact via PM or Text on +0(44)7711309768

So I can judge interest :. need for weekly, or monthly meetings!

---------- Post added 05-09-2017 at 15:13 ----------

Also I welcome ideas or suggestions of ITEMS to start 3D printing, when I get it working right!

Please keep the suggestions 'Clean' or I may resort to sarcasm....

Edited by DeZeus
Update

You want clean suggestions but you're starting an Adult 3D printing group..........

In what form was that a professional suggestion, description of an item to print or even an item suggestion?

I'd like some white versions of these shure wa371 mic clips, need to be strong and flexible together with a screw thread.

I'd like some white versions of these shure wa371 mic clips, need to be strong and flexible together with a screw thread.

ABS should be OK, would need an accurate drawing with sizes. via email or text.

Hi , I have a question about this. Is it possible to print objects that are larger/longer than the actual 3D printer itself? I mean, say you wanted to print a plastic pole (I don't) - can the printer move the newly created plastic/material out of the way to allow it to continue building up adjoining layers?

Thanks!

ABS should be OK, would need an accurate drawing with sizes. via email or text.

doubt i'd find one, was more thinking it would have to be 3D scanned or is that another world of pain?

Hi , I have a question about this. Is it possible to print objects that are larger/longer than the actual 3D printer itself? I mean, say you wanted to print a plastic pole (I don't) - can the printer move the newly created plastic/material out of the way to allow it to continue building up adjoining layers?

Thanks!

Not unless you have conveyer setup.

---------- Post added 07-09-2017 at 17:30 ----------

doubt i'd find one, was more thinking it would have to be 3D scanned or is that another world of pain?

No scanner yet!

---------- Post added 07-09-2017 at 17:39 ----------

Great timing: I just failed once again to get my printer set up properly... or it may be the print itself that isn't set up: I've managed to print a dalek successfully, but everything else just blobs up...

; My main speciality is Building /Upgrading..them..[/Quote]

Configuring is a knightmare every design is different, all trial/error!

---------- Post added 07-09-2017 at 18:52 ----------

Great timing: I just failed once again to get my printer set up properly... or it may be the print itself that isn't set up: I've managed to print a dalek successfully, but everything else just blobs up...

Could you be more specific,

I'd like to see your Dalek!

Type of print material:

Make of printer:

Settings:

Type of screw thread:

---------- Post added 08-09-2017 at 10:14 ----------

Thanks!

Hi Eddie Sheff,

How I'd approach this would be make screwed tube sections, diagonally on printer, or just ends, using aluminium tube and glue.

But seeing a Sketch or Picture is worth more than a 1000 words.

---------- Post added 08-09-2017 at 11:32 ----------

Glad I'm retired, seems running a thread, is very time consuming, tiring, but on a lighter note, people are beginning to understand plus responding now, Such that its peaking my copious interests!

---------- Post added 08-09-2017 at 11:41 ----------

Hi guys what would really assist and help with 3D Printing, would be for Professional Programers to create a program which converts pictures/ Windows instructions into G-Code automatically, for an affordable price or .......suggestions on a 90x90 pixel please...or PM me...

Edited by DeZeus
correct text

Hmm... This Topic seems to have gone dried up.....Completely 

So I’m switching my focus off this topic to another interesting subject like Lathes....

Well Thanks for the Vote of Confidence..... Yay!

But my Temporary Straying into the realms of Lathes was purely for me to make some parts for Modifying 3D Printers or Upgrading them!

After Bracken's comments, I was considering Starting A  Beginners TD/CAD Thread?

Let me know if Anyone would be Interested? In this???¿

6 hours ago, Phanerothyme said:

Don't give up yet I've got one on my Christmas list.

Good Luck, with your Christmas List being fulfilled...,

Else I have some... Kit....

I recently got a  3D printer, finding it addictive lol :). It's great been able to print something off usefull like the ice scraper I printed this morning. Also satisfying been able to create something in CAD and print it off.