House Purchase - Looking for Recommendations

I have submitted an offer for a house and just waiting to see if it is accepted.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a solicitor and a surveyor? Not originally from here and the property purchasing thing is a minefield!!!!

Thank you.

I have submitted an offer for a house and just waiting to see if it is accepted.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a solicitor and a surveyor? Not originally from here and the property purchasing thing is a minefield!!!!

Thank you.

Yes re "mines"; much of South Yorkshire is underlaid by past coal-mines, so the Coal Authority search is vital in most areas.

I have used Coates solicitors for numerous property purchases and would highly recommend them = http://www.coatessolicitors.co.uk

My clients have only ever had positive things to say about Coates, especially Lindsey if she still works there.

My clients have only ever had positive things to say about Coates, especially Lindsey if she still works there.

There's a whole cluster of Coates ("a cloakroom"?)

We've also used Coates and bar some initial issues/mistakes with paperwork the end result worked out OK and their fees were reasonable.

WE have used Coates and were very pleased with them and their services.

Thank you.

I used Norrie, Waite and Slater. Found them very good and thorough.