Where can we play pool (town or heeley/netheredge)

As in the title,

What pubs have pool tables nowadays?

We could only think of the Common Room, does anyone know about the Albion, are there any up in Norton? Cross Scythes?

As in the title,

What pubs have pool tables nowadays?

We could only think of the Common Room, does anyone know about the Albion, are there any up in Norton? Cross Scythes?

Ah, there's still plenty out there. In town you can pick from:

• the Red Lion on Charles Street
  • the Roebuck on Charles Street
  • the Old Monk on Norfolk Street
  • a couple on West street, can't remember which

and a bit further out you could try:

• the Golden Lion on Alderson Road, Highfield
  • the Byron House on Nether Edge road
  • the Prince of Wales on Derbyshire Lane, Norton

I think the only pub on London Road with a pool table is Barry's Bar; the new Albion doesn't.

Pretty certain the Cross Scythes doesn't have a pool table since the big refurb, but it does have bar billiards instead!

Sheffield Transport Club has a free pool knockout every Monday night. Ring 0114 2373216 for more info! You'd be very welcome...excellent bar prices too!

Cross Scythes has that bloody daft game where you have to blast The mushrooms and there's pockets al o'er the shop.

Walkabout has several tables as does the Cavendish.

The bessemar.

Big tree at woodseats.

Ah thanks for your suggestions. I knew and forgot about the Byron and the Big Tree.

What's the Golden Lion like?

---------- Post added 22-04-2015 at 08:11 ----------

Sheffield Transport Club has a free pool knockout every Monday night. Ring 0114 2373216 for more info! You'd be very welcome...excellent bar prices too!

I've never been, can you play pool the rest of the time? I'm not really competition standard as yet :hihi:

The Transport Club is on the corner by the huge roundabout at Meadowhead - you really can't miss us because we have 18 acres of football/cricket pitches! If you join as a member the fee is just £15 for the entire year, covering yourself, your partner and children up to the age of 16. We have really low bar prices, free wi-fi, freshly ground coffees and a range of sports pitches...as well as our snooker and pool tables. If you'd like to know more please contact us on 0114 2373216 for a chat. Just to let you know...we have Sky Ultimate and BT Sport too!

Is there anywhere that does not sell alcohol that has pool tables?

Is there anywhere that does not sell alcohol that has pool tables?

Decathlon?

The Transport Club is on the corner by the huge roundabout at Meadowhead - you really can't miss us because we have 18 acres of football/cricket pitches! If you join as a member the fee is just £15 for the entire year, covering yourself, your partner and children up to the age of 16. We have really low bar prices, free wi-fi, freshly ground coffees and a range of sports pitches...as well as our snooker and pool tables. If you'd like to know more please contact us on 0114 2373216 for a chat. Just to let you know...we have Sky Ultimate and BT Sport too!

Hi. can you still play golf round the club too? My Dad was a bus driver in the 70's and we used to go to the transport club a lot, my Sister and I used to play in the park whilst he had a round of golf on a Saturday morning..