Coppen Estates. . . .Sheffield

Hi,

Posting on behalf of a family member. . . .

Has anyone successfully bought their lease from Coppen Estates on Hickmott Road and if so please can you tell me which Solicitor you used?

Many Thanks. x

Hi yes we have but they are a right pain - we used blackburn & co and they were very good

We got together with a lot of people who live on the same road and saved money on solicitors fees. We used Taylor & Emmett. It took ages to go through the process.

A friend who lives at Westfield used Coats at Mosborough to obtain extended lease, which was around £250, though I don't know what the cost is for buying the freehold.

We also used Taylor & Emmett, very good but as someone has said Coppen Estates are a pain, they don't respond to letters took ages to complete.

Thanks for the replies so far, I will pass the information on.

I think the problem is with Coppen Estates and the fact that they won't respond to any correspondence. Hence, trying to find out if any Solicitors out there have any luck with this Company!!

Thanks again.

Has anyone successfully bought their lease from Coppen Estates on Hickmott Road and if so please can you tell me which Solicitor you used?

Read "...bought the freehold reversion for their leasehold house from Coppen Estates..."

Although you might consider Coppen "a pain", the Company is reputable/honest/local- a novelty when one considers certain freehold reversion investors (London-based). The worst that one might say of Coppen is that it takes a while to reply to correspondence, but at least it's trustworthy and so are the family who run it (Shaun Pennington). No, I don't act for them!

I'm pleased to see your endorsement of the company Mr Shaw because I too have had satisfactory dealings with the company. Whilst I agree with the comments about correspondence in this instance they were very helpful and supportive. Although they do not see people at their offices (they have no reception), they did not turn me away when I called some time ago.

Currently waiting for their solicitors to get on the case

First asked for a price in nov2011 and got the price in mid sep 2012. They requested a non refundable deposit which left my account 6 weeks ago but still waiting.

Im hoping it will all be done by Christmas.

Currently waiting for their solicitors to get on the case

First asked for a price in nov2011 and got the price in mid sep 2012. They requested a non refundable deposit which left my account 6 weeks ago but still waiting.

Im hoping it will all be done by Christmas.

Did you serve a Notice of Claim?