Abbeydale Secondary School,Sheffield

Are there any old school pupils from 1964 to 1968 when Mr cartright was the head teacher

Yes I was there until we all got moved to King Ecgberts.

Are there any old school pupils from 1964 to 1968 when Mr cartright was the head teacher

Apologies for not replying sooner.

Do you remember Harry Roberts the PE teacher & Mr Gomersall - Mrs Murray - can't remember many more. Perhaps you could remind me.

As for the pupils, I was in a class with Katherine Harrison ( used to fancy her rotten ) Julie Ramsden - I think that was her first name - Carol Simmonite, Julie Green - Shaun Jackson,Robert Millington,Steve Kenyon - and the fantastic football team - Steve Merrill,Graham Hyde,Tony Wood,Dave Arliss,Steve Jennings - God, I can't remember many more.

Went back to have a look at it a while ago - sems very,very small and a bit tatty but it was a fantastic place to go to and it brought back vague and ghostly memories.

I'm sure there was another girl called 'Grant' that I went to King Ecgberts with. Very good looking blond. I keep coming up with 'Julie' for some reason on all the girls' names, but I was more interested in football than girls at that time.

yes i was mr cartwright.mrs brown.mr verma etcetc

I remember Mr Cartwright ,Wilson,Roberts ,Spooner Lawrence Tapton and Scaife.People at the school then as I recall were B Bentley J Bentley N Armstrong J Davies Phillipa Harris Telsa Smith S Hicks M Green and too many more to mention.Happy Days????

I went to Abbeydale Secondary Modern when Mr Spooner was the head, then Mr Cartwright. Mr Lawrence taught geography and did fantastic chalk drawings on the board. I was in the same class as Telsa, Phillipa, Michael, Steven et al. I was very shy and hated school but then did not want to leave! the outside world seemed even scarier than school. My best friend was Susan Mackinson. Mrs Murry, the art teacher always called me Marry instead of Marie. I can remember me and my twin sister, Angela, went on school camp to the lake district in 1968 - did anyone else go that year? Mr Cartwright's son came along too.

Marie I remember you and your sister as I recollect you could speak Esperanto.I was recently in touch with Stephen Hicks and keep in touch with Micheal Green from our old school.I can remember Susan Mackinson as she was very good at maths .I also remember her older brother.The years have passed very quickly when I think back.

I did speak Esperanto! Although not very well and can't remember a word of it now. I have never seen anyone since I left school and have often wondered how everyone has got on. We should all get together and have a reunion.

I did speak Esperanto, although not very well and can't remember a word of it now. I have never seen or spoken to anyone from school since I left and often wonder how everyone has got on. We should all get together and have a reunion. Is PeterRM Peter Margerison?

Yes that is me I have not lived in Sheffield since 1971.I now live in Lancaster so it is good to hear from a school friend.I can remember just about everybody from my old class.I would imagine we look rather different but would recognise each other??

I moved out of Sheffield in 1970 when I got married but came back in 1989 when I got divorced! I was surprised at how much Sheffield had changed and still keeps changing. I did miss Sheffield and its closeness to the countryside. How many of our class mates are still in Sheffield I wonder? It is good to hear from old school friends.