Springhead park school rothwell leeds

Yes, great. I found Helens organisation Girls Alone in London now called Alone in London. Ill call them and see if she is around. Maybe we could look at asking West Yorkshire and Lynsay Education Board to place a few ads ? We could always meet up Im in Chesterfield.

Meeting up sounds good, we don't live far apart.

Anyone know about Sheffield Girls being sent her in '70s ?

My names Eileen Roberts (nee Beevers) and i lived at Springhead Park from about 1977 and i have fond memories of my time there. I recently came into touch with Linzy Mallinson from Halifax and from there im now in touch with Carole Byrne from Scarbrough. f anyone remembers us please find us on here or facebook. Linzy s now known as Linzy Rhodes

Hi guys, I have only just joined I am not from Sheffield but by accident I came across your thread about Springhead Park School when it was an approved school, which brought back memories !!! I was there for about two years from about 1966 - 1968 When I was there the headmistress was Miss Sunner her mother lived with her ,and staff members I can remember are Miss Picker, Miss Perkins, Miss Hayton ( I think ) who married but can't remember her name, Miss Peat who was the art teacher , and Mr and Mrs Jeffries or Jenkins who ran the hostel part for working girls, girls I can remember are Violet Nicol's, Ruth Clewes Marion Marshal, Joyce Pollock, a gil called Elaine can't remember her last name, often wondered what happened to them all , after 48 years still think about things from that part of my life, so I was quite surprised when I came across you guys , just wanted to share xxxxx

Hi, I was there from '71 to '73. I live in Derby

Hi I was there in the 70s, not a good experience. I remember Judy name , also Karen from Ripon, Margaret from Cumbria , a Canadian girl , I think called heather...I remember Jinks ...and many others. Came across this by chance. Would be interesting to know more. .

Hi i was in Sprinhead park from 72 TO 74 Miss Sumner was in charge and i remember a Mr Archibold Leach. Ican remember a girl named Splodge and a Carol Fox. I was put in the secure unit for swearing at staff and can remember green wrap around gown and plimsolls,we had to polish the stairs and it was a harsh place.. my name was Debbie Grainger back then..

Sadly, Sheree Isles from Hull, who was at Springhead when I was there (early 70's) passed away yesterday.

I was there at the same time until 75. my name was Glynis. i changed it years ago :). it was not a happy experience.

Hi my name was Ann stones , i was in spring head park aprovel school in Rothwell in1979 till 1982.can any one remember me .I remember Mrs sunnar mr leech. Girls i can remember. Jane .Tracey. Fiona. Belinda. I hated it there

---------- Post added 12-03-2018 at 12:35 ----------

Hi my name was Ann stones. I was in spring head park aprovel school in Rothwell 1974 TILL 1982.it was a living hell

Hi  Anne worthington i was there from from1975 till about 77 remember miss sunner and her mom 

i hated it apart from the grounds and a couple of staff miss causier was lovely 

I spent a lot of time running away to be honest 

Edited by Anne N Leash
Forgot to put my name

Hi having just come across this post,thought I'd comment. My name is Janette (jan) Browne ,I was at Springhead 79/80. I hated it there and rang off twice and spent some time in the unit for it. I will always remember miss summer & her mother, Mr leach,Mrs woodward and the least favourite staff. My favourites were Mrs Jenkins and Mrs Causier. I remember Dawn Stead, Tatiana Low,Rebecca Roberts and Salina Korim x

On 16/06/2014 at 08:03, jlowe8484 said:

Hi IN what capacity did you know them ? I have met one now living at Norton, Sheffield. I live in Chesterfield. I have tried to unravel the opwnership and to look for girls who were there. It seems very clositted

On 03/11/2014 at 14:55, beevereileen said:

My names Eileen Roberts (nee Beevers) and i lived at Springhead Park from about 1977 and i have fond memories of my time there. I recently came into touch with Linzy Mallinson from Halifax and from there im now in touch with Carole Byrne from Scarbrough. f anyone remembers us please find us on here or facebook. Linzy s now known as Linzy Rhodes

Hi did you go to a club when you ran away and was sick

On 16/06/2014 at 08:03, jlowe8484 said:

Hi IN what capacity did you know them ? I have met one now living at Norton, Sheffield. I live in Chesterfield. I have tried to unravel the opwnership and to look for girls who were there. It seems very clositted

Abby  did you have red hair?