R.I.P Derek Wilkinson

It was Billy Hodgson who was the 'mudlark', Jim. The pitch was sometimes akin to a ploughed field down the middle and the ball was more like a medicine type. How times have changed!

echo.

Hi echo. Yes, I thought it was Billy Hodgson. Apparently Billy Russell became a schoolteacher after his playing days. I worked with one of his ex pupils in Swinton (the Manchester one).

Hi echo. Yes, I thought it was Billy Hodgson. Apparently Billy Russell became a schoolteacher after his playing days. I worked with one of his ex pupils in Swinton (the Manchester one).

I recall another ex United player becoming a school teacher, Dennis Shiels a Northern Irish lad who lived in the Scott Road (Pitsmoor) area.

I recall another ex United player becoming a school teacher, Dennis Shiels a Northern Irish lad who lived in the Scott Road (Pitsmoor) area.

Lol, my late cousin went out with him. Didn't he have a bit of a reputation as a hothead?

Lol, my late cousin went out with him. Didn't he have a bit of a reputation as a hothead?

'Hothead' Jim ?

'Hothead' Jim ?

Just thinking back, it might have been 'big head'. :)

We're getting a bit off topic now. Wouldn't want to disrespect the thread subject.

Edited by Jim Hardie

Just thinking back, it might have been 'big head'. :)

We're getting a bit off topic now. Wouldn't want to disrespect the thread subject.

Yes Jim, In my earlier Owls days they had great wingers: Derek, Alan Finney and Colin Dobson. RIP Derek Wilkinson.