(Part of) Chris Charles Football League Blog

And so to League 1, where the Sheffield clubs continue to fight it out for second place.

Wednesday hit five without reply in seeing off Huddersfield and Oldham, while United edged out Bournemouth before hammering Rochdale 5-2 as Ched Evans took his season's goal tally to 34.

Notts County beat Yeovil 3-1 to move back into the play-off picture, with Lloyd Sam - who announced himself as the 'British Pele' upon his arrival at Meadow Lane - among the scorers.

Boss Keith Curle is not so sure, saying: "I don't think it's the Pele we know - maybe it's the Pele who works down the chip shop in Leeds!" I think he's getting confused with Elvis.

Brentford are breathing down County's neck after a 0-0 draw at Hartlepool followed success at Bury - their fifth win on the bounce - as on-loan striker Clinton Morrison proudly declared in a newspaper report: "They had lost three in a row before I arrived."

So are Brentford a one-man team? A paragraph further down the piece shed a different light on proceedings: "Morrison, who is still waiting for his first Bees goal… "

Leaders Charlton saw off Walsall and Oldham to hit 91 points - with the latter contest marred by referee Trevor Kettle flashing three red cards and 11 yellows. Latics boss Paul Dickov moaned: "It was bizarre and a game between two good footballing teams was ruined."

That is supposed to be a blog? It's just stating the obvious, what a waste of a read!