Mobile phone repair sheffield?

hi, ive just bought a second hand samsung galaxy portal andriod phone, i can make and recieve calls but when i put the sd card in it says "remove sd card insert other" ive tried loads of different makes and sizes of sd cards but to no avail, even though they all work on my husbands phone ok :huh: does anyone know how to fix this, if not a phone shop that would repair it for me, a good one! thanks all angela, xx

Ive just looked at this phone on the 'net and it says it comes with a 1gb microSD card. You are not trying to use a microSDHC card by any chance? the two types are not compatible. MicroSD are 2gb or less MicroSDHC are 4gb or more.

Have you tried formatting the card on a pc first?

hi yes ive formatted the card first on the pc via a usb card adapter.

Ive just looked at this phone on the 'net and it says it comes with a 1gb microSD card. You are not trying to use a microSDHC card by any chance? the two types are not compatible. MicroSD are 2gb or less MicroSDHC are 4gb or more.

its a microsd card 1gb, it came with the phone ive also tried using another same sd card 1gb with no avail!

do you think i may need a higher gb sd card for it to work :huh:

If it wont read the sd card and youve tried other cards then its more than likely a hardware issue, try factory reset on phone if that doesnt solve it then it must be a broken sd card slot. The size of the sd card should have nothing to do with the error message your getting.

If it wont read the sd card and youve tried other cards then its more than likely a hardware issue, try factory reset on phone if that doesnt solve it then it must be a broken sd card slot. The size of the sd card should have nothing to do with the error message your getting.

ive tried to reset the phone, it doesnt help, it still under warrenty but when ive took it in for repair 3 store said it will take 14 days! 14 days without a phone i can not do. its driving me mad now xx thanks for your help anyway xx

If its android you could try re flashing the firmware, it sounds like a fw problem because the phone recognises the sd card it just wont let you access it. Flashing your phones firmware might solve this but it could also void your warranty.

If its android you could try re flashing the firmware, it sounds like a fw problem because the phone recognises the sd card it just wont let you access it. Flashing your phones firmware might solve this but it could also void your warranty.

how to i do that? is it when i turn off the phone and press on off button and volume down at the same time, if so ive tried it! :hihi:

No its slightly more complicated than that, if you google "flash samsung galaxy portal" you should find how its done, it is easy to do on most android phones but iive never done a samsung. And it will more than likely void you warranty.

No its slightly more complicated than that, if you google "flash samsung galaxy portal" you should find how its done, it is easy to do on most android phones but iive never done a samsung. And it will more than likely void you warranty.

is it where a warning triangle comes on screen with a black background?

I've got a portal. I've got a micro sdhc 4gb card in there and its got no problems.