1 sheffield team!

This is not a thread about what would happen if both sheffield teams merged because thats not what im saying, but imagine if sheffield only ever had 1 team from the start.

that 1 team would have an amazing fan base, which would rival any premier league team, think of the size of the ground (no remarks about attendances this year) and average attendance of that. The ground would have to hold at least 60k, possibly more, but same city derbies are always memorable so we wouldnt have a major derby. Would be scary to think of it.

This is not a thread about what would happen if both sheffield teams merged because thats not what im saying, but imagine if sheffield only ever had 1 team from the start.

that 1 team would have an amazing fan base, which would rival any premier league team, think of the size of the ground (no remarks about attendances this year) and average attendance of that. The ground would have to hold at least 60k, possibly more, but same city derbies are always memorable so we wouldnt have a major derby. Would be scary to think of it.

nearly 30 million in debt. dwindling support. stadium falling to bits. you may not have to imagine it soon young man.

nearly 30 million in debt. dwindling support. stadium falling to bits. you may not have to imagine it soon young man.

you been on the shandy again old boy :hihi:

sheffield had loads of teams years ago but only two turned professional,sheffield rovers nearly nicked all wednesday's players when we were pondering about turning pro....thankfully we had a change of heart and the rovers disbanding....so who knows if it hadn't been for tom cawley they might have only been united in the modern day game,and how sad would that have been......

it wouldnt have been sad, how could it have been. Because no-one would know any better, and that 1 team would be the only team anyone ever knew about.

ok bb:rolleyes: youre right hursty, if it was 1 team from the start then we probably wouldnt be far off 60k mark for attendances. obviously no fan would ever want a merger, i would hate to lose derby matches from the fixtures so in a way i'm glad theres 2. if there was only 1 team from the start though we would probably looking at the manc, liverpool derbies and wished we had 2 teams just for a derby game.

ok bb:rolleyes: youre right hursty, if it was 1 team from the start then we probably wouldnt be far off 60k mark for attendances. obviously no fan would ever want a merger, i would hate to lose derby matches from the fixtures so in a way i'm glad theres 2. if there was only 1 team from the start though we would probably looking at the manc, liverpool derbies and wished we had 2 teams just for a derby game.

the manc and liverpool derbies are odd in a way. I have friends who are fans of both man utd and liverpool, not glory fans coz they go to all the games but the liverpool fans see manchester united as more of a derby than everton and manchester in a way feel the same way, but that may be because they are 2 teams vying for the title. I went to the mersyside derby last sunday and the atmosphere was nothing compared to the steel city derby.

You'd still have about 15k with thoughts of Blue and White who would only show up when we had free or cheap tickets on the go. :)

You'd still have about 15k with thoughts of Blue and White who would only show up when we had free or cheap tickets on the go. :)

yes and the same goes for the thoughts of the red and whites that would only show up when the teams doing well:rolleyes:

i've always wondered if the mersey derbys, well any derby are any better atmosphere wise compared to the sheffield derby. nearly had the chance to go to celtic for the glasgow derby but didnt happen,that would of been interesting

yes and the same goes for the thoughts of the red and whites that would only show up when the teams doing well:rolleyes:

i've always wondered if the mersey derbys, well any derby are any better atmosphere wise compared to the sheffield derby. nearly had the chance to go to celtic for the glasgow derby but didnt happen,that would of been interesting

i dont think in my opinion other derbys will come anywhere close. My step dad is a man city fan and we went to the manchester derby last year, that wasnt as good either. Reckon its because with the sheffield one im involved in the singing and chanting and the whole atmosphere, whereas at the manc and liverpool ones i wasnt.

yea, i think if you arent from the city or support either team i guess it could be difficult to get into a different derby, liike so say you say its difficult to get into the chants and songs if you dont really know them. i do think if there was only 1 professional team we'd be wanting 2 just for derby games, especially seeeing other derby games

i think leeds have a simlar sized city to us and only have 1 team,when they were top flight they used to get around 40,000 not really alot compared with the top 5 clubs.they get about 18k these days