Michael Jackson Verdict

Poll Closed  

1. 1. Poll Closed

• Poll Closed
    • Poll Closed
    • Poll Closed

Moderator Note: This thread replaces any other containing news and updates etc. on the Michael Jackson court case. Several similar threads have been closed recently due to the inability of certain forum users to behave in line with the forum rules.

The following rules apply to this thread at all times:

• No other threads are to be started for updates about Michael Jackson's court case.
  • Whist we expect a debate between users, we will not tolerate abuse or name-calling between users.
  • It is not acceptable to submit large quotes copied from other sites or news articles; however, relevant links may be posted with a summary.
  • Users breaching any of these rules in an attempt to close this thread will have their posts removed, and will be banned from site.
  • If you wish to discuss the moderation of this thread, please use the 'Contact Us' facility. This thread is not the place to discuss such matters.

Failure to adhere to any of these rules may result in you being banned from the forum without warning.

Edit: Following an e-mail complaint from the user, we just want to make it clear, that while there are 1,000s of web sites discussing MJ, Lestat feels passionately that we acknowledge him as the original person to start one at SF. No idea why, but we aim to please - so here is the acknowledgement

Unfortunately there’s not a lot happening at the moment, just Janet Arviso and Thomas Mesereau at it for four days solid, going over the same ground, again and again, is MJs team trying to wear the jury out?

Jackson witness grilling resumes

…But even Judge Rodney Melville is beginning to show signs of impatience with the defence strategy and the heated exchanges, warning Mr Jackson's legal team to stay focused and not keep repeating themselves…

Source BBC, link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4457509.stm

As an aside, thanks to the mod team for bringing the thread back, and of course, thanks to Lestat for starting it in the first place.

Michael swore on the Popes life he did'nt do it.

I haven't really followed the case much, save to laugh at the herd screaming outside the courtroom. Does anyone have any idea how long this is likely to go on for? It seems like it's gone on for years already...

You're not wrong Agent ****... think of all the free publicity though. Money can't buy that kinda exposure! I wonder if it does drag on for 6 months or whatever - will the screamers be there everyday, or work in shifts or what?

Originally posted by Agent ****

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ukfs/hi/newsid_4450000/newsid_4459500/4459539.stm

Joking aside, this has probably the best account of the case so far.

Wow, good link AG, this bit made me think,

'We all carry a sense of guilt'

By Peter Bowes

BBC News Correspondent

…No one was laughing the day Gavin Arvizo talked about the abuse he believes he suffered at the hands of Michael Jackson.

Some of the jurors dabbed their eyes as the teenager recounted the story of his miraculous recovery from cancer.

The most heart-wrenching moment came when another alleged victim, Jason Francia, almost broke down on the witness stand.

He appeared to be genuinely haunted by the memory of something awful happening. It is, of course, for the jury to decide whether he was just acting…

Last Updated: Tuesday, 19 April, 2005, 09:05 GMT 10:05 UK

Source BBC, link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/newswatch/ukfs/hi/newsid_4450000/newsid_4459500/4459539.stm

Thought you would have seen it already, as it is also on the link you provided.

Originally posted by missrabbit

Thought you would have seen it already, as it is also on the link you provided.

I'm assuming that was to me (since it is otherwise unattributed and appears beneath my last post), sorry if I got that wrong.

To answer then, no I hadn't read it before, the BBC have quite a few different links that can be accessed, including MJ fanclub sites, I don't read those either. ;)

As I have explained before, I tend to base my understanding of the proceedings on objective reports from reliable sources (principally the BBC, Times, and Independent) which also tend to be UK based. I find their reporting the most reliable, but, we've had this conversation before, so I'll not go on.

I found Lilys link interesting because it gave a different slant on the case, I enjoyed reading it, but I won't be making my decisions based on it's reporting of the subject.

Thanks for asking though.

:)

Originally posted by foo_fighter

Thanks for asking though.

Don't worry about it chicken, i didn't ask anything.

Here was an interesting story i found on BBC NEWS. This is why i feel that people would lie just to cash in on this case. It is a joke.

"To the people who say I'm cashing in on this trial, the answer is - you're damn right, I am."

And here is the link.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4314149.stm