Guilty with out being charged

Should people be named, with out being charged for any offense, trial by mob media.

No. Definitely not.

The lurid allegations are explained in detail, then when it turns out to be BS, it's rembered and the persons life is a living hell throughout and afterwards.

No.

Angel1.

Really? You seem to be trying a police officer for not assisting someone being stabbed....

Should people be named, with out being charged for any offense, trial by mob media.

If the accusation is made by a female then trial by media is fine in my book.

I don't think it's as straight forward as some people might think.

If there was a man or woman in Sheffield suspected of a very serious crime, sexual assault of a child for example, that person could potentially be a major danger to your children, with them at serious risk without you knowing.

On the other hand if they are innocent the stigma of the accusation and the ignorant perceptions of the general public could ruin their lives anyway.

The more serious the crime, the more at risk people would be if the suspect is secretly guilty, while at the same time they are more likely to have their lives ruined if they are innocent.

Cliff Richard springs to mind here.

I don't think it's as straight forward as some people might think.

If there was a man or woman in Sheffield suspected of a very serious crime, sexual assault of a child for example, that person could potentially be a major danger to your children, with them at serious risk without you knowing.

On the other hand if they are innocent the stigma of the accusation and the ignorant perceptions of the general public could ruin their lives anyway.

The more serious the crime, the more at risk people would be if the suspect is secretly guilty, while at the same time they are more likely to have their lives ruined if they are innocent.

It might be approprate naming them if they were on the run and at large in the community. But it more frequently happens when allegations appear, not when they are actually being hunted by police.

If the accusation is made by a female then trial by media is fine in my book.

Why?................