Man U, where to?

Eighth in the league, beaten by West Ham and according to Chris Sutton, playing long ball football like Wimbledon in the 80's.

Pogba wants to go and has fallen out with Mourinho.

Despite spending shedloads of money their defence still looks wobbly.

Where do they go from here?

Step 1.

Pay off the surly “Special One”

it was inevitable, after Fergie left.

Without the benefit of the easily-intimidated referees, the not-quite-offside rule, the invisible pushes and handballs that only the ref sees, and those late, late, last minute / extra-time penalties, ManUre can't win a game, let alone a trophy.

Who are them glory-hunting southerners from Dahn Saaf gonna support now :hihi:

Without the benefit of the easily-intimidated referees, the not-quite-offside rule, the invisible pushes and handballs that only the ref sees, and those late, late, last minute / extra-time penalties, ManUre can't win a game, let alone a trophy.

Man City?

As for the first part of your post, Fergie had about three great teams....The Cantona/Hughes/Keane/Bruce/Kanchelskis era, the Beckham/Keane/Scholes/Giggs/Cole/Scholes era then the Ronaldo times. There were the best teams at their respective times and he never stopped bringing new talent forward.

The Surly One isn't interested in bringing talent on or building eras..he just want's here and now success but he's lost his touch. Buying expensive flops and having no clue how to build a team.

Man City?

As for the first part of your post, Fergie had about three great teams....The Cantona/Hughes/Keane/Bruce/Kanchelskis era, the Beckham/Keane/Scholes/Giggs/Cole/Scholes era then the Ronaldo times. There were the best teams at their respective times and he never stopped bringing new talent forward.

The Surly One isn't interested in bringing talent on or building eras..he just want's here and now success but he's lost his touch. Buying expensive flops and having no clue how to build a team.

Wasn't Fergie was almost fired after Wednesday beat Man U in the League Cup final? I heard there was an emergency board meeting and he just scraped through lol. I guess he repaid their trust in the end though eh?

His tactics of not pressing high are a big part of the problem.

Another is the lack of energy / stamina in the team. The team that took the field against WHU had the energy of a vets team - at least till Fred and Rashford came on. Not sure if the stats back this up.

Lukkaku being the size he is has trouble defending from the front.

Pogba appears casual and uninterested.

Against WHU he left out Lindgard,Fred,Sanchez and Rashford - probably their four most high energy players.

It might be time to drop Lukkaku. A more energetic front three of Lindgard,Sanchez with Rashford in the centre.

Matic, Mata and Fred in the midfield.

Not sure where that leaves Pogba and Lukkaku though!

you can only play high press attacking football if you have a solid 3 at back and united do not

sanchez pogba jones lukkaku Mourinho the taxi is waiting

Wasn't Fergie was almost fired after Wednesday beat Man U in the League Cup final? I heard there was an emergency board meeting and he just scraped through lol. I guess he repaid their trust in the end though eh?

Never heard that one, to be honest. Without doubt he was saved from the sack by a Mark Robbins goal the previous season.

Guest makapaka
Never heard that one, to be honest. Without doubt he was saved from the sack by a Mark Robbins goal the previous season.

Yes - in the 89/90 season they were way off the pace in the league and city had battered them in the derby.

Robins scored late in a replay away at forest (I think)and they went on to win the fa cup which was his first trophy.

If they’d gone out of the fa cup he would have been in trouble. They won the cup winners cup the following year.

Interestingly - Wednesday beat Man U at hillsborough 1-0 in around March time.

Ron Atkinson talked about a top 8 finish and apparently after the game the Man U staff were trying to find out results below cos they were worried about going down.

Wednesday somehow contrived to get themselves relegated instead.

Since Ferguson left, Man Utd have won 4 trophies, the FA Cup under Van Gaal, The Charity Shield, The League Cup and The Europa League under Mourinho.

You are right, they are not the team that Ferguson had and probably never will be again.

But in other words, get your facts right:thumbsup:

ooh, some gloryhunter’s bitten :D

Since Ferguson left, Man Utd have won 4 trophies, the FA Cup under Van Gaal,

you beat Chelski, so I’ll concede on that.

The Charity Shield

not impressed

The League Cup

ah, the Worthless Cup

and The Europa League under Mourinho.

dear me, you’re scraping the barrel now :hihi:

You are right, they are not the team that Ferguson had and probably never will be again.

so what’s your favourite team today then ?

But in other words, get your facts right:thumbsup:

sorry no, other than the FA Cup victory, the rest of the trophies are worthless.

So I’m still right :)

I read an article a few years ago with a headline which read "Ferguson's Black Wednesday" or words to that effect. I don't know the origin, but it was on the internet and it definitely said that the Man U board had an emergency meeting about Fergie's job status during the week following Wednesday's win and that one vote ensured he stayed. Maybe they were double mad at being beaten by a 2nd division team managed by their former manager:D