Hillsborough Park Running Track.

Well got my letter from the Labour Party for the up and coming election.

They state because of there actions Hillsborough Park now has a dedicated and well used running track.

I think they must mean the Saturday morning park run on the normal pathway.

are you sure you read it right? did they mean the old running track now called Hillsborough arena?

did it actually say " which because of there actions Hillsborough Park now hasn't a dedicated and well used running track"

The ',running track' has been in the park for a long time now tho It is just kind of a path round the edge. It is very well used every day by lots of people.

Well got my letter from the Labour Party for the up and coming election.

They state because of there actions Hillsborough Park now has a dedicated and well used running track.

I think they must mean the Saturday morning park run on the normal pathway.

I had one awhile ago, claiming credit that they'd brought Tramlines to Hillsborough Park.

:hihi:

Bunch of Barrel scrapers.

You can't declare a public footpath, paved or otherwise to be a running track and it magically come true, even if it is periodically used by people to run on.

Lighting has been installed funded, I think, from the sale of the toilet block at the top of Parkside Road. It is stretching the truth to claim that this is now a dedicated running track as it is used by all park users including dog walkers. Those dog walkers who use extendable leads are a nightmare for runners. :rolleyes:

You can't declare a public footpath, paved or otherwise to be a running track and it magically come true, even if it is periodically used by people to run on.

My own political view

(We had this letter through our letterbox today, after reading it, it's the confirmation that we'll be no longer voting Labour again, if they can't tell the difference between a public path and a running track, or even the word dedicated :help:)

Info from the Park run page!

http://www.parkrun.org.uk/hillsborough/course/

The course is 5000m (5K) long. The course is in Hillsborough Park, Sheffield. The course is run entirely on tarmac paths. Some sections of the course may accumulate mud, leaves and puddles after rain. Dependent on availability, marshals will be at key sections of the course, or signs will be in place.

Please remember that the parkrun uses shared paths. For the continued success of the event, please give way to other park users. This won't hurt your time, it won't stop you from getting a PB and it will make sure everyone continues to enjoy the event.

Edited by steve68

IIRC there was talk not that long ago, that the council wanted to charge parkrun for use of the park. That was before the Stoke Gifford thing blew up and bans on charging were proposed by the government.

Can't charge someone for running or jogging round park , Saying that Labour party will sure try too

There used to be a dedicated running track built in the 1960s with what was called a "tartan track". It was state of the art at the time! We could see it from our maisonette in park view road which overlooked Hillsborough park.

Hope that's helpful

Parkside road is at one end of park . Park view is other end where running track was located in 1969. Probably doesn't exist any longer by the looks of the exchanges on forum.

Post(s) have been removed because they could be considered to breach our Terms of Service or Forum Rules.