Fitzalan square regeneration

Sheffield council are doing a consultation this week in the old post office in Fitzallen sq regarding the changes to this area. Unfortunatley I can't find any thing on the council website to link to.

Changes are

Bottom half of Gitzallen square pedestrian precinct

Top half two way road for bus and I assume taxi.

Demolition of two shops in Arundle gate to allow better pedestrian access to Esperanto Place

Reshuffling of bus stops on flat street to allow a 9/10 vehicle taxi rank. The latter will replace the present facility on titzallen sq.

Conversion of the current short term via have parking on Pond Hill nr penny black to a taxi rank.

Intresting proposals what do others think

Edited by bus man

Reshuffling of bus stops on flat street to allow a 9/10 vehicle taxi rank. The latter will replace the present facility on titzallen sq.

Conversion of the current short term via have parking on Pond Hill nr penny black to a taxi rank.

We're becoming a city of taxi ranks.

Fitzalan Square, do you think they will put up a memorial on the building that use to be The Marpels Hotel from the Blitz - 12th December 1940, it is now the cash shop, would be a nice gesture now we have the statue for the Women of Steel.

Fitzalan Square, do you think they will put up a memorial on the building that use to be The Marpels Hotel from the Blitz - 12th December 1940, it is now the cash shop, would be a nice gesture now we have the statue for the Women of Steel.

Has the memorial gone there was one on the building iam sure

Fitzallen Square is a horrible place at the minute.

Its, dark, dingy and there always seems to be a group of people in the corner next to the steps down to Ponds Forge drinking or doing drugs. Been threatened and semi-ambushed on there just trying to walk down to the interchange on numerous occasions.

Needs something desperately.

Horrible part of time at the moment, I think anything that the Council do would be an improvement.

It's always surrounded with drunks openly smoking drugs

Has the memorial gone there was one on the building iam sure

Not to sure about that, the last time I was in Fitzalan Square passing the present owners of the shop I could not see one I always look at that building my Mother was on duty at the Fire Station on Division Street at the time of the Blitz and she said what a shock it was and it sticks in your mind for people born just after the war, may be it just needs a clean. :(

It's an odd place, some of the buildings there are quite nice, but for some reason right next to them is an utter eyesore.

The coral bookies looks like a skanky old shed.

Sheffield council are doing a consultation this week in the old post office in Fitzallen sq regarding the changes to this area. Unfortunatley I can't find any thing on the council website to link to.

Changes are

Bottom half of Gitzallen square pedestrian precinct

Top half two way road for bus and I assume taxi.

Demolition of two shops in Arundle gate to allow better pedestrian access to Esperanto Place

All for it but 'Pedestrianise' means more seats for the layabouts and dregs of society to lollop on !

I hope they include adequate benches for the druggies and alcoholics to drink and sleep on. Or at least a memorial to their memory.

Well SCC need to do something to pretty it up. The nearby Primark building is to become a hotel and that end of town is swiftly becoming the backside of hell with its empty buildings waiting for demolition. A great show to visitors who can take a tram to nowhere.