Update on Walkley Library?

Hi,

Does anyone have an update on the True North company renovation of Walkley Library? It seems to have gone quiet recently It'll be a real shame for the area if it doesn't go through.

Does anyone know the latest position? It's been months since the group won the grant for the main bid, but I've heard nothing since. It'd be a shame if it's not going ahead, it would make such a great contribution to the area's revival. Any update would be really welcome.

True North has pulled out

Is that true? Last I heard it was still ongoing, with the project being organised by the Walkley Library Partnership, which includes the True North Brew Co. Limited.

They recently put out a tender for design services in relation to the project, as described here.

http://www.walkleylibrary.org.uk/single-post/2018/08/03/Lending-a-New-Lease-of-Life-to-Walkley-Library-Brief-for-Design-Team-Services

The deadline for the second round application is Feb next year.

It's only just been announced ahead of the AGM tonight. 7.30 at the library

It's only just been announced ahead of the AGM tonight. 7.30 at the library

Oh dear well that is disappointing.

Cant see why we need them now ,when I went as a kid all the text books were years out of date, most of the maps were still showing the British empire coloured pink, the internet will bring up the latest information with a few clicks of the mouse.

Cant see why we need them now ,when I went as a kid all the text books were years out of date, most of the maps were still showing the British empire coloured pink, the internet will bring up the latest information with a few clicks of the mouse.

A lot of local traders were hanging on for True North to open that cafe bar in the library and bring in some more money to the area.

For so long Walkley had the "up and coming" tag applied to it and seemed to be improving but it seems it's struggling a bit. I think it's probably because, while young professional types do still look to live there, they're now more likely to choose the south-west side of the city around Abbeydale Road and Meersbrook. This area seems to be the properly up-and-coming part of the city now.

Guest makapaka
For so long Walkley had the "up and coming" tag applied to it and seemed to be improving but it seems it's struggling a bit. I think it's probably because, while young professional types do still look to live there, they're now more likely to choose the south-west side of the city around Abbeydale Road and Meersbrook. This area seems to be the properly up-and-coming part of the city now.

It's not struggling at all and is still improving.

Whether or not people prefer Meersbrook I don't know but that doesn't mean Walkley is struggling.

It's not struggling at all and is still improving.

Whether or not people prefer Meersbrook I don't know but that doesn't mean Walkley is struggling.

I just mean that the focus of yuppie types seems to have moved more towards the areas around Abbeydale Road and Meersbrook. As for Walkley struggling: I was referring to the previous poster who said a number of local traders were holding on for the Library project to come off to bring money, which suggests they're struggling a bit.

Guest makapaka
I just mean that the focus of yuppie types seems to have moved more towards the areas around Abbeydale Road and Meersbrook. As for Walkley struggling: I was referring to the previous poster who said a number of local traders were holding on for the Library project to come off to bring money, which suggests they're struggling a bit.

I didn’t really understand that comment - it could never be a bad thing but which traders would be semi/reliant on a cafe bar opening at the end of south road?