Healthy 'fast food' outlets, are there any?

I am not aware of any but if there are, where are they please ?

forget McDonalds...KFC.....Burger King.....Pizza Hut etc

These are the places most children like to go and where most of their unhealthy eating habits start IMO

give us a healthy option where we can take kids to get healthy fast food, it doesn't have to be bland and boring I'm sure

we are being told to eat this, eat that, don't eat this blah blah blah...have your 7 portions etc

I am sure there would be a market for it

what are your thoughts, would you use them or is it just a silly idea that's seems un-realistic in this world we are living in

Fast food outlets made us fat, can they reverse the tide and make us thin :)

There's a place like that on Pinstone Street, across from the Peace Gardens, but I haven't tried it and I can't remember the name.

I am not aware of any but if there are, where are they please ?

forget McDonalds...KFC.....Burger King.....Pizza Hut etc

These are the places most children like to go and where most of their unhealthy eating habits start IMO

give us a healthy option where we can take kids to get healthy fast food, it doesn't have to be bland and boring I'm sure

we are being told to eat this, eat that, don't eat this blah blah blah...have your 7 portions etc

I am sure there would be a market for it

what are your thoughts, would you use them or is it just a silly idea that's seems un-realistic in this world we are living in

Fast food outlets made us fat, can they reverse the tide and make us thin :)

They all have healthy options, its up to you to choose them, fish and salad instead of fish and chips would be a very healthy option, they will even steam the fish for you if you ask.

McDonald's

Premium Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken and low-fat balsamic vinaigrette plus Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfait; 375 calories, 9.5g fat (4g saturated)

Grilled Honey Mustard Snack Wrap plus small french fries; 480 calories, 19g fat (5g saturated)

Subway

6" Subway Club on 9-Grain Wheat Bread with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers, and Sweet Onion Sauce plus apple slices; 445 calories, 4.5g fat (1.5g saturated)

Oven Roasted Chicken Salad with tomatoes, green peppers, onions, olives, and cucumbers with honey-mustard dressing plus Yogurt Parfait; 400 calories, 6g fat (1.5g saturated)

Starbucks

Chicken & Hummus Bistro Box (hummus, grilled chicken, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and pita bread) plus a banana; 380 calories, 7g fat (1.2g saturated)

Zesty Chicken & Black Bean Salad Bowl (grilled chicken, black beans, roasted corn, jicama, tomatoes, feta, greens, and quinoa with chile vinaigrette) plus Seasonal Harvest Fruit Blend; 450 calories, 15g fat (2.5g saturated)

KFC

4 Hot Wings plus Sweet Kernel Corn; 380 calories, 16.5g fat (4g saturated)

Kentucky Grilled Chicken Breast plus mashed potatoes (without gravy) 310 calories; 10g fat (2.5g saturated)

Edited by ivanava

Fast food outlets made us fat.

No they didn't. Eating unacceptable quantities of food makes you fat.

Don't blame the outlets just because people can't stop stuffing their faces and moderate.

Don't blame the outlets just because people can't stop stuffing their faces and moderate.

did you see the very interesting documentary on BBC2 last year

'The Men who Made Us Fat'

http://youtu.be/iE-H__aIEFE

I think they are to blame to be honest

They all have healthy options, its up to you to choose them, fish and salad instead of fish and chips would be a very healthy option, they will even steam the fish for you if you ask.

I can just see a spotty youth in McD's responding enthusiastically to a customer requesting their Fillet o'Fish be cooked over a pan of simmering court bouillon :hihi:

Sushi? Noodle soups? Roast pork sandwiches? Just stay away from the big chains & you should be good.

did you see the very interesting documentary on BBC2 last year

'The Men who Made Us Fat'

http://youtu.be/iE-H__aIEFE

I think they are to blame to be honest

I don't. I think a lack of exercise and too many leisure activities that require no energy are to blame. I'm guilty of it myself, I get in from work and have a couple of hours of GTA instead of a usual walk down at the beach, or a bike ride.

Same when Breaking Bad came out, stayed in watching episode after episode.

But I don't graze on unhealthy foods as I do it.

I can just see a spotty youth in McD's responding enthusiastically to a customer requesting their Fillet o'Fish be cooked over a pan of simmering court bouillon :hihi:

or little Chesney.... please can I have Premium Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken and low-fat balsamic vinaigrette please Mum

its not going to happen

No it didn't. Eating processed foods with a deadly mixture or sugar and fat, is what makes us fat.

or little Chesney.... please can I have Premium Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken and low-fat balsamic vinaigrette please Mum

its not going to happen

Like I said you have to choose the healthy option, if a fast food outlet opened and only served healthy food you wouldn't take little Chesney in in the first place, you would no doubt cave in to his whinging and buy him sweets and a burger and then allow him to sit and watch 5 hours of TV a day. :)

There isn't a polite way to say this, if you are fat, its because you eat too much and do to little in the way of exercise.

Edited by ivanava

I don't. I think a lack of exercise and too many leisure activities that require no energy are to blame. I'm guilty of it myself, I get in from work and have a couple of hours of GTA instead of a usual walk down at the beach, or a bike ride.

Same when Breaking Bad came out, stayed in watching episode after episode.

But I don't graze on unhealthy foods as I do it.

This isn't available on iplayer at the moment, but you should read about it. Identical twins. One on a fat diet and the other on a sugar diet.

The one on the fatty diet felt full all the time and couldn't finish his meals.

The one on the sugar diet (mainly carbs) couldn't eat enough, constantly gauging on sweets.

The interesting thing is that both of them lost a lot of weight!

It's the combination of fat anmd sugar that makes us gain weight (trans fats), which is what processed foods are full of and why "low fat" products are not good for you either.