ABBA tribute (4piece) for hire for OAP event?

Is there an ABBA tribute act to book in Sheffield?

I am trying to organise an OAP ABBA tribute afternoon but struggling to find a local act for the budget. (I have only found acts out of sheffield who want around £1000!! These OAP's cannot afford this obviously)

i saw a band like abba in wrexham and the sounded very good

my favorite song is by them is neon lights

I'm not surprised at £1,000. Sounds about right for a professional band coming from distance.

Think about it like this.

4 people, at say £8.00 per hour (a touch over minimum wage), so £32 per hour.

You want them for an afternoon, so the band, if from say Wrexham as mentioned, will be leaving home to pick up their gear at about 7am, loading up (takes a good hour, including getting a van), and setting off to get here for about 1pm. They have to leave early to get here and make sure they're on time. They set up till almost 3pm (1-2 hours), play for a couple of hours till say 5.30-6pm, maybe leaving after packdown at around 7pm. They head back on a 3-4 hour drive, getting back at 11pm. Another hour to pack out the stuff into a practice room, and everyone gets home at 1am.

So they're out for 18hours in total. 18 hours x £32 an hour = £576.00

Add tax and NI at 28%, takes you up to about £750.

Add on food for the day, for four people, at say £15 each, is another £60.

Add on hire of the van (£60), van diesel at say £75, fuel for the second car (can only get three people in a van) at say £40, and that's another £235.

There's your £1,000 overall.

I know this is an accurate reflection as I do it most weekends, and people always ask why we can't play for £200 at their parties. Consider the above, and it makes sense. Playing local obviously takes costs down, but no one ever appreciates the time involved. People only see the two hours the band play, not the travelling, loading, unloading, prep etc.

As a side note, I know that our agents, LMM UK, have Abba acts, so you may want to google them. I don't know if they're more local, but it's worth a try.

Good post. I think alot of people think bands should do it for 50 quid and the love of music. Op, try peller artistes in beighton, he does (or did) have loads of tributes on his books. No idea on prices but they should be good (if that matters).

Good post. I think alot of people think bands should do it for 50 quid and the love of music. Op, try peller artistes in beighton, he does (or did) have loads of tributes on his books. No idea on prices but they should be good (if that matters).

I think, hopefully I'm wrong, that Peller is no longer with us :(

That's what I hear anyway.

I think, hopefully I'm wrong, that Peller is no longer with us :(

That's what I hear anyway.

Really ? That's a recent thing. Sorry to hear that.

I'm not surprised at £1,000. Sounds about right for a professional band coming from distance.

Think about it like this.

4 people, at say £8.00 per hour (a touch over minimum wage), so £32 per hour.

You want them for an afternoon, so the band, if from say Wrexham as mentioned, will be leaving home to pick up their gear at about 7am, loading up (takes a good hour, including getting a van), and setting off to get here for about 1pm. They have to leave early to get here and make sure they're on time. They set up till almost 3pm (1-2 hours), play for a couple of hours till say 5.30-6pm, maybe leaving after packdown at around 7pm. They head back on a 3-4 hour drive, getting back at 11pm. Another hour to pack out the stuff into a practice room, and everyone gets home at 1am.

So they're out for 18hours in total. 18 hours x £32 an hour = £576.00

Add tax and NI at 28%, takes you up to about £750.

Add on food for the day, for four people, at say £15 each, is another £60.

Add on hire of the van (£60), van diesel at say £75, fuel for the second car (can only get three people in a van) at say £40, and that's another £235.

There's your £1,000 overall.

I know this is an accurate reflection as I do it most weekends, and people always ask why we can't play for £200 at their parties. Consider the above, and it makes sense. Playing local obviously takes costs down, but no one ever appreciates the time involved. People only see the two hours the band play, not the travelling, loading, unloading, prep etc.

As a side note, I know that our agents, LMM UK, have Abba acts, so you may want to google them. I don't know if they're more local, but it's worth a try.

i talked to the abba men and they charged £ 750 and the singer lived localsd

thats rubbish

all that moneys goes into back pockets like evetyhing ellse

i talked to the abba men and they charged £ 750 and the singer lived localsd

thats rubbish

all that moneys goes into back pockets like evetyhing ellse

You've proved my point without meaning to.

£750 is normal for a local band, because of the hours spent and the costs involved. Does it go to the band, yes it does, because it's their wages for the hours spent. If they don't pay tax, that's their issue I'm afraid. We do, as we're honest.

You've proved my point without meaning to.

£750 is normal for a local band, because of the hours spent and the costs involved. Does it go to the band, yes it does, because it's their wages for the hours spent. If they don't pay tax, that's their issue I'm afraid. We do, as we're honest.

no ones pays tax because you hace a stage name

Normally, when you are so out of you're depth in a discussion, it's polite to bow out. You don't want to highlight your complete lack of knowledge over and over do you ?

Can I suggest you contact any pub, for example West St Live. In fact, ask Jared on here, who runs that venue. Every time a band plays, they're required to give an invoice, featuring the name, address and NINO of at least one of the band, so that tax can be apportioned accordingly.

Seriously, ask any venue.

So, out of interest, your knowledge on the subject is? I'm guessing it's just what you assume, rather than based on any facts. I'm not saying all bands pay tax. I'm sure that some don't, but equally, I'm sure a lot of people work whilst signing on, and I know quite a few self employed tradesmen who are less than forthcoming with their earnings for tax purposes. My point is that unless you know the band, to say "no one does" is actually defamatory, as you're accusing the honest bands of being criminals.

Can I suggest you contact any pub, for example West St Live. In fact, ask Jared on here, who runs that venue. Every time a band plays, they're required to give an invoice, featuring the name, address and NINO of at least one of the band, so that tax can be apportioned accordingly.

Seriously, ask any venue.

So, out of interest, your knowledge on the subject is? I'm guessing it's just what you assume, rather than based on any facts. I'm not saying all bands pay tax. I'm sure that some don't, but equally, I'm sure a lot of people work whilst signing on, and I know quite a few self employed tradesmen who are less than forthcoming with their earnings for tax purposes. My point is that unless you know the band, to say "no one does" is actually defamatory, as you're accusing the honest bands of being criminals.

And obviously, bigger bands are vat registered - hardly cash in hand.