One Direction are awful

Singing about sex to 10 year old children, murdering Teenage Kicks, telling their 10 year old fans to (removed) and calling them (removed). And they could only win a Britt Award (which isn't difficult), by having an award made up specially for them!

What a bizarre world we live in when John Lennon is shot dead, yet these little gits can run riot!

Do your kids a favor & educate them about music....please!

Edited by Classic Rock
Bad language

I'm trying I'm trying but my eldest hates everything I play, and I play a lot lol,,of every genre almost daily

yet she still loves one direction and Justin bieber :(

A lot of them thankfully don't listen to the words it's mainly visual, the sound and the sound of the kids screaming

tbh my kids prolly hear more sweary words in my music than theirs :P, when theyre not covering their ears

So long as there is evil in the world, there will be One Direction, and those that follow them.

I tend to ignore them, but I cannot get my head around why people actually like them and give them artistic merit. It is frustrating because I am living with three girls (at Uni) who all love them, and then there's me, who consistently preaches to them that they are nothing but a manufactured corporate creation, which will be followed by another bunch in a couple of years, and that I have a better taste in music... to which they typically respond "yeah but your music's old" or simply "oh shut up, you're just jealous."

I suppose it's because they're stupid. I always thought you had to be intelligent to go to University... apparently not. :hihi:

Singing about sex to 10 year old children

Which song is about sex? And in what context?

When I was a kid I remember listening to Salt 'n' Pepa singing

I don't think it sent me into a raging 10 year old sex pest - it was just a silly pop song.

murdering Teenage Kicks

It's not a crime to cover a song, badly. If it was John Lennon would be up for charges for 'Stand By Me'. ;)

telling their 10 year old fans to (removed) and calling them (removed).

Directly?

"You there, 10 year old girl. Yes you. You're a (removed)." :rolleyes:

then there's me, who consistently preaches to them that [...] I have a better taste in music

You charmer. I bet you're fighting these women off of you. ;)

Edited by Classic Rock
Language!

You charmer. I bet you're fighting these women off of you. ;)

You think I care what they think?

You think I care what they think?

I'm not asking you to. Just making a point that dictating what is good music and what isn't, based purely upon your opinion that it is good - this isn't the best way of influencing people. :)

I'm trying I'm trying but my eldest hates everything I play, and I play a lot lol,,of every genre almost daily

yet she still loves one direction and Justin bieber :(

Surely having your parents hate the music you listen to, and vice versa, is what being young is all about ?

One Direction, the new rock'n'roll ;)

Surely having your parents hate the music you listen to, and vice versa, is what being young is all about ?

One Direction, the new rock'n'roll ;)

thing is its the kids telling me its too loud, too noisy, not music..........isnt it supposed to be the parents moaning about that? :suspect::huh::loopy:

"I'd rather see you dead, little girl than to be with another man.

You'd better keep your head, little girl, or I won't know where I am."

Lennon and McCartney 1965

Pop music flows in One Direction.