Are Led Zep Over Rated?

I think so. Sex Pistols had more influence IMO :)

My phlegm had more influence imo.

Jimmy Page was a good guitar player - but Steve Jones ala Pistols wrote better tunes. The Led Zep singer just sung about baby baby this. He was RUBBISH.

Jimmy Page was a good guitar player - but Steve Jones ala Pistols wrote better tunes. The Led Zep singer just sung about baby baby this. He was RUBBISH.

I think he went on to feature in many a happy hardcore tune in the late 90's.

I think he went on to feature in many a happy hardcore tune in the late 90's.

I'm lost :(

I'm lost :(

Often found myself that way in the rave years mate. :hihi:

The Led Zep singer just sung about baby baby this.

Immigrant Song ? No Quarter ? Stairway to Heaven ? Kashmir ?

I think some of it is excellent, and was way ahead of it's time (Kashmir for example), and some of it incredibly over rated (Stairway to Heaven really isnt very good...IMHO) - but either way I don't you can deny the influence they have had on todays music......that's the thing with music, one man's pleasure is anothers poison!

Immigrant Song ? No Quarter ? Stairway to Heaven ? Kashmir ?

At least somebody's got taste.

I think some of it is excellent, and was way ahead of it's time (Kashmir for example), and some of it incredibly over rated (Stairway to Heaven really isnt very good...IMHO) - but either way I don't you can deny the influence they have had on todays music......that's the thing with music, one man's pleasure is anothers poison!

I agree - some things like Kashmir and When the Levee Breaks still sound inspired, some was highly derivative, and Stairway to Heaven downright cringeworthy.

LZ were and are overrated,Jimmy Page being rather anodyne compared with Green,Beck,,,Allman,Hendrix,Mick Taylor,Rory Gallagher and Buddy Guy.Many songs were copies of blues standards.Their music was very narrow with little horn section and no soul/reggae etc.

LZ were and are overrated,Jimmy Page being rather anodyne compared with Green,Beck,,,Allman,Hendrix,Mick Taylor,Rory Gallagher and Buddy Guy.Many songs were copies of blues standards.Their music was very narrow with little horn section and no soul/reggae etc.

It's no wonder they couldn't make a living at it then.