One Hit Wonders

On this day, 4th Feb 1978, ‘Up Town Ranking’ by Althia and Donna was at No.1 on the UK singles chart. It was the Jamaican duo’s only hit, making the teenagers One-hit Wonders. More One Hit Wonders!

http://tinyurl.com/chdt6ux

On this day, 4th Feb 1978, ‘Up Town Ranking’ by Althia and Donna was at No.1 on the UK singles chart. It was the Jamaican duo’s only hit, making the teenagers One-hit Wonders. More One Hit Wonders!

http://tinyurl.com/chdt6ux

They were absolutely dire, couldn't sing, were totally out of tune and anybody who bought the record must have been brain dead ! :gag:

Something in the Air-Thunderbolt Newbon

I walk alone with alacrity. Jimmy Ponce and the Pseuds.

They were absolutely dire, couldn't sing, were totally out of tune and anybody who bought the record must have been brain dead ! :gag:

I completely agree with you, but I think there is still something about the song. It's a very odd piece of music to listen to. The two girls sound so incredibly bored.

They were absolutely dire, couldn't sing, were totally out of tune and anybody who bought the record must have been brain dead !

I completely agree with you, but I think there is still something about the song. It's a very odd piece of music to listen to. The two girls sound so incredibly bored.

It's a version of Studio One's 'I'm still in love with you'

track, first made popular, I believe, on the 1960s cut by Alton Ellis.

Considering Althea and Donna had the brilliant Revolutionaries as a backing band, one would have expected a better follow-up.

My contribution to this thread is 'Jig-a-jig' by East of Eden (a novelty track that wasn't like their usual output).

One of my faves - "Fire" by "The Crazy World of Arthur Brown".