What are your favourite Northern Soul and Motown tracks

Crookes club occasionally has them, DJ is called Bob (can't remember surname, but he has a huge record collection).

---------- Post added 26-01-2013 at 01:27 ----------

I have an absolute ton of Motown and Northern Soul (and southern/Atlantic soul) on vinyl and CD.

Way too many tracks to list, as someone said earlier, it is harder to think of a track that I don't like!

My absolute all time fave Northern track is "If that's what you wanted" by Frankie Beverly and the Butlers, classic Northern sound, 4/4 beat, up tempo.

My all time fave Motown track is "Tears of a Clown" by Smokey Robinson and the Miracles.

I like a lot of obscure Motown like "Lonely, Lonely Girl" by The Velvettes, "It's too late" by Gladys Knight, etc.

Of the better known stuff, probably the best Motown song that has a classic Northern Soul sound is "Love is like an itching in my heart" by Diana Ross and the Supremes, again it has the classic 4/4 drum sound.

Northern Soul tracks I love, include "Blowin' my mind to pieces" by Bob Relf, "Crackin' up over you" by Roy Hamilton, "If it's all the same to you babe" Luther Ingram, "Nothing but a Heartache" by the Flirtations and more.

I am glad to say that my love of Motown and Northern Soul (as well as other types of music) has been passed on to my kids!

wish mine had :(

mines still into crap like one direction, olly murrs and justin bieber :(

I've got this on my phone, copied from vinyl, to pc to phone. I've now downloaded it as for 79p it doesn't seem worth messing about. As Choogling says quality is so much better. I've always loved this song and never tired of it. Currently playing recent downloads:

It'll never be over for me: Timi Yuro

Let One Hurt Do: L J Reynolds and Chocolate Syrup

Just a Little Misunderstanding: The Contours

What does it take: Junior Walker

At the Top of the Stairs: The Formations

I've been looking for "Live up to what she thinks" by Fantastic Four but I can't find it on i tunes or Amazon.

yes got that one pm me your email address i'll send you a copy

Some good dancing tunes there rosie.:thumbsup:

And everyone a little gem Gazza !!

Edited by rosieadamson

Just for the information of Northern Soul fans. my other half went to a Motown / Northern Soul / Ska weekend in San Antonio Ibiza last year, and she enjoyed it so much she's going again in May. If anyone's interested let me know I'll get more details from her.

Edited by pitsmoorlad

To all you Motown fans The Sportsman Inn on Denby street is having a Soul and Motown night on Saturday 16th Feb. Starting around 6.30 pm. Drinks offers and free buffet food. :D

Let One Hurt Do: L J Reynolds and Chocolate Syrup

Just listened to that.Never heard it before.Great tune.

wish mine had :(

mines still into crap like one direction, olly murrs and justin bieber :(

Chin up Mel, it could be worse mate (er.....actually maybe not!) :hihi:

Chin up Mel, it could be worse mate (er.....actually maybe not!) :hihi:

lol just had an arguement with the eldest about one direction and their cover of undertones / blondie

played her the originals and said they were better, she went and hid in her bedroom :P